3D Printed Thomas Mini Track System

40 Replies, 40240 Views

Cool. Maybe you can offer customization such as putting the person 's name on the engine
(05-30-2019, 01:06 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Cool.  Maybe you can offer customization such as putting the person 's name on the engine

Sure that's fairly easy to do, I could put a persons name or their childs name on a model no problem.  In fact another thing that would be fairly easy would be to make name plates suitable to go onto the side of a full size PlaRail model.  Of course the other option available would be a custom base colour other than in this case the base yellow.  I'd be happy to do this for anyone who wants a custom version of one of my models Smile

The ultimate collectible in a way as you could have a unique model Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Might be just me but im still pretty hyped to see some layouts with that Track!
Hi Ron,

I'm working on it mate, just been a bit distracted with other projects to print more of the track at the moment. But I will get some more printed so I have a better selection of pieces available for a layout.

If you're wondering my other 'projects' are;

1. A six wheeled stretch mini format version of Rebecca

2. A special limited edition BPT 2019 mini which I'm going to offer as prizes between now and the end of the year (watch this space) Big Grin

Cheers, Nigel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Well after quite a while (sorry I been busy with other projects) here's a couple of pictures of my version of a 'mini' Rebecca.  I have to apologise for the poor paint job, but this was just a hasty hand painted job done so I could show you how the complete model can potentially look when painted.  Longer term I'm hoping to finally put to use that air brush of mine lol!

I've put her alongside a normal Thomas mini for comparison.  These models use wheels/axles from existing 'spare' minis at the moment, the rest is fully 3D printed, a face is also available, I just haven't got round to painting it yet Smile

[Image: IMG-20190705-195035.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190705-195056.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, sunhuntin
she looks awesome! well done
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Sun (and Mike), your copies will be in the post soon, just getting together a package for each of you Smile
Did you use rainbow/multicolored filament on that cat Nigels?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
the cat is also 3d printed?
(07-05-2019, 10:27 PM)Super Wrote: Did you use rainbow/multicolored filament on that cat Nigels?

Indeed I did Super Smile

(07-05-2019, 10:46 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: the cat is also 3d printed?

Sure is using metallic rainbow filament and printed with a 0.2mm layer height (i.e. draft mode) Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 01:25 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, Super