300 Series Shinkansen

9 Replies, 8998 Views

Was the 300 srs (old Plarail S-03) ever released in Tomica World or Hypercity packaging?  If so can you supply a photo and/or catalogue number?

(I know about the r/c version TW7436, but I'm talking about the ordinary version).

[Image: image.png]
Might you be referring to the 300X?

[Image: 5804255-orig.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
300:

300X

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 01:34 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Right, the reason I mentioned it was that it was released under the Tomica World (UK release???) box in addition to the regular Plarail (Japan release) box. Personally, except for the R/C version, I don't think I have seen a 300 series in a Tomica World box but, of course I could be wrong. Have you heard or remember seeing one?
(04-25-2019, 01:33 PM)Super Wrote: I don't think I have seen a 300 series in a Tomica World box but, of course I could be wrong. Have you heard or remember seeing one?
The fact that the 300 comes up on Ebay UK rather more frequently than I would expect for a model that had only been boxed as Plarail makes me suspect that there may have been a Hypercity or Tomica World release, but I have no actual evidence for this.
  • Super
I thought it may have been something like that. The first thing that came to mind when reading your question was that the Tomica World Brand seems to be quite prevalent in the UK as opposed to other parts of the World. Not to sure why. There have been Tomica World in USA and Australia but what I have come across is a lot more in the UK.
Answering my own question...
[Image: 7414b.jpg]
  • Super
Is that set yours Doctor Chris? That's the motorized Patrol Car that you helped me get and is hard to find and seems to have only been available in the UK in this set.
No, I found it on Ebay UK, but it's missing both train and car. Maybe it's the one you got!
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 10:46 AM by Super.)
  • Finno
LOL