Disney Cruiser Bus Sets are........Different!!!

10 Replies, 9053 Views

They are Different!!!

I just compared side to side my recent pick up of a Tokyo Disneyland Resorts Disney Cruiser Bus Set with the one I received a short time ago and...OMG... I had no idea...They Are Different!

The second set I just received (on right in photos) came in a differently designed box that I had not seen before and the Disney Cruiser Bus is different. Upon closer inspection even the Play Mat/Map of Tokyo Disneyland is different. I can't find any date on the box or buses to indicate when these where released. The only clue I can see is that one has a UPC sticker price from Tokyo Disneyland at 2000yen and the other has a 2800yen. Could this be an indicator of which one was released first with the cheaper one released first and the higher priced one a newer version? Does anyone know a year for either of these?

This is fantastic and quite lucky because my first one (on the left) is my favorite Motor Tomica vehicle and I want a second one and grabbed the never before seen one (on right) at a very good price. Now I have 2 of my favorites and they are different.
To me each set has its positives.

Which Disney Cruiser Bus do you like better?

[Image: 001.jpg][Image: 002.jpg][Image: 004.jpg][Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 011.jpg][Image: 013.jpg][Image: 020.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, jukiodaisuki
Told you!! You are becoming a bus nerd!! Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Ah....but a.....Plarail  Bus Nerd! [Image: blowing-a-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Oh, so true, a blue anarak wearer Smile
What the heck is an "anarak"???
Sorry Super, a typo there it should have been "Anorak".  It is a type of coat available in the uk (see here; Anorak)

In the UK it is a derogatory term we use to describe people such as 'train spotters' who stand at the end of a train platform collecting running numbers off the locomotives (well these days carriage numbers off commuter trains typically) and who are considered "sad" (or have no real life)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
So what you are saying is that...I am Sad and have no real life? [Image: pouting.gif]
Nah. I'm saying you are a 'rivet counter' lol Big Grin
I will take that.....I love me some Rivets [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
I'm with Super. While I'm not a bus nerd I love finding small detail stuff like this - differences between models etc. It's like you stumble across something that the mere mortal consumers weren't meant to notice and it helps you piece together some puzzle about product manufacture/design/marketing.

Ok, maybe I'm on the OCD spectrum also... LOL   Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 05:33 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super