The Month's Buys (So Far)

2 Replies, 4709 Views

So far this month I have obtained four engines (well technically three). The first is 2010 Trackmaster Dodge: I really like this model personally. He dosent have holes in wheels like the current ones, and runs on a C battery. He runs well but not as fast as the redisigned diesels that run on AA battery's. His paint is good but looking closely some paint scrapes and scratches can be seen. His nameplated sides are aligned well, and overall was all the worth 15 dollars!
2014 Arry And Bert
Upon getting these devious twins, I accidentally received two Bert's. I contacted the buyer and he is letting me keep the two a sending me Arry. When he arrives I'll post his review but for now we will do the Bert's. I like these models alot, but I do find some problems with their appearance. For starters the paint job isn't too good. On the bottem body shell you can see paint scratches, and the roof has marks and a few parts have small paint chips, but I don't mind it too much as a lot of it isn't too noticeable unless you get up pretty close. I like Bert as his facial expression is funny lookin as most of his Trackmaster models have had. His face is the same as the C battery version, and looks good! His Ironworks logo is slightly tilted, but again it's hardly noticeable and I like it. I think it gives him charector. Arrys review will be up whenever he arrives. I got them for 30 US dollars and free shipping. I ended up getting three engines, as the buyer is sending me Arry for free for the mixup. Two Bert's and an Arry for 30 dollars. That's not a bad mistake if you ask me Wink
Trackmaster Light Up Thomas
I have been meaning to get this model for awhile and I finally grabbed it. Upon getting this model, I actually like it. This model is fitted with an unpainted lamp at the front and the average 2014 Thomas face. The engine has two light up areas, one being his can where a light revealed an engineer running Thomas with his inside controls when turned on. These can also be accessed by pressing the coal bunker. Personally with the light up front lamp and an engineer, I like it! However this engine is large in size and fat but I still like it. He runs really well on two new energizers , but uses two AAA. He also came with a standard orange boxcar with a Sodor Blackout symbol. I would say this was worth eleven dollars as I got this on clearance! If say if you see them, get them IF you get it for the right price. Don't go for more that 15-20 dollars.
Overall this is my purchases so far this month Smile

Oh! Forgot the ratings!
Dodge- 9.5/10

2014 Bert- 9.4/10

Trackmaster Light Up Thomas- 9.5/10
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 02:51 AM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Super
Can't wait to you get yourself or borrow a camera so we can be as excited with your purchases as you are.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
(07-11-2014, 03:31 AM)Super Wrote: Can't wait to you get yourself or borrow a camera so we can be as excited with your purchases as you are.

Me too Super. Me too Wink
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!