Finno's Train Hopping Pix

46 Replies, 44505 Views

I guess it’s a matter of what you get used to but I’m kinda claustrophobic and have a real issue with my personal space. This would drive me (more) bonkers pretty quick and I’m not exactly a stranger to crowded public transportation!

I should add that the general orderly nature of the people getting on and off the train is remarkable. It’s Japan, of course!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
(07-06-2019, 07:38 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: I should add that the general orderly nature of the people getting on and off the train is remarkable. It’s Japan, of course!

Good point. I do recall a video Posted here a while ago where the train was so packed that they had Platform Guards that would actually push people in in order for the doors to close and it looked like those people didn't mind.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Well I made it to Korea and of course I couldn't resist jumping on a train from the airport.

I'm posting this from Korea on my phone so this is a test...

First pic on the ARex (airport express) second on the standard metro train.

[Image: IMG-20190914-201225.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190914-211013.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Very clean looking coaches Finno. Wonder if those blue head towels on the backs of the seats are swapped out for clean ones on a regular basis? Was the two different coaches on the same train as one has airline type seats and the other more of an urban commuter look?
Two different trains. The express took me to Seoul station and then I switched to a regular train on line 1 to get me to my hotel.

The express was quite comfortable and while not 'high speed' as such still gets along at a good speed.
  • Super
Did you see any Shinkasens?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(09-16-2019, 09:28 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: Did you see any Shinkasens?

No Shinkansens but I did manage to see the KTX in real life. I didn't have time to actually ride the KTX but I was surprised I could actually go down on the platform and managed to film one when it arrived and departed form Cheongnyangni station.

So here it is:

• Super
Thanks Finno, very cool that you were able to catch that.

The KTX is a sweet Bullet but your video begs the question already brought up at BPT's...Why did Plarail make the middle coach the way they did when the real train has nothing like that?
  • Finno
So I was saving this video for a while because it's probably the best one and a hard act to follow. It is certainly my favourite and fastest train ride ever at over 430kmph on the Shanghai MagLev from the city to the Pudong International Airport.

I have taken this journey a few times now which is how I was able to take multiple videos and stitch them together for an in-cabin view and an outside window view, picture in picture style. By paying an extra 15 bucks you can ride in the first class cabin which is often empty. Perfect for a train geek (and friend who makes a cameo) making a video.

In this video if you turn the volume up you really hear the engine and wind noise at such high speed. At 3:47 you will actually hear a bang as the windows flex and you see the return MagLev flash past at over 350kmph in the other direction. Also hear the deep harmonic winding down of the engine at 6:07 as we pull into the Pudong Airport MagLev station.

Highly recommend this to anyone who visits Shanghai.

[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Off The Rails, Super
Excellent video Finno. You really give me the perspective of speed in it with the ramping up. I di however miss where you say a return MagLev go by in the other direction. Was the passing so fast I missed it? Nice to have the whole First Class Coach to yourself. Thanks for sharing.
  • Finno