Farewell Pip & Emma

5 Replies, 6359 Views

Intercity 125 - hundreds bid farewell to high speed train
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
Wow, drew quite the crowd.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Probably Pip and Emma are the last Intercity 125s, they work on Sodor though so they should be safe from being acrapped.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
I couldn’t watch the video and the article wasn’t detailed enough for me to answer this question. Are the new trains no longer high speed? The article makes it sound like the Intercity 125 is being retired and replaced along with the end of high speed service on the route(s).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno
Honestly, I thought these were withdrawn a few years earlier. It appears many will still be operated by other companies, but some will replace them with BR Classes 800, 801 and 802 (which are also high speed) by December this year. I predict some InterCity 125s will be moved to museums, like the Space Shuttles.
Interesting post and a iconic train. I loved the quote "We invented them (railways) and we got them running properly".

What do they define as 'High Speed', Shinkansen level or less? They don't look very 'bullet train'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Off The Rails