Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Threads
OMG-OMG-OMG
Last Post: Muddy Poppins
Today 11:32 AM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 657
Tomy/Trackmaster Serial Number types and...
Last Post: Nigels
Today 10:35 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 30
What did you do to your trains today?
Last Post: Super
Today 09:56 AM
» Replies: 347
» Views: 176902
thomas and friends mini series
Today 05:01 AM
» Replies: 2904
» Views: 1438789
Hornby 2019 Christmas Train Set!
Yesterday 10:34 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 46
The New 3D Printing Thread
Last Post: Nigels
Yesterday 04:42 AM
» Replies: 161
» Views: 11648
Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES
10-19-2019 07:36 PM
» Replies: 732
» Views: 260709
A Unique & Well Done Complete Custom
Last Post: leylandvictory2
10-18-2019 10:59 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 99
a puzzle... tomy or meccano?
Last Post: sunhuntin
10-18-2019 07:22 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 103
Pomp & Circumstance, The Royal Train
10-17-2019 07:19 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 53
Flooded Shinkansen
10-16-2019 09:53 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 224
Plarail Blue Amtrak exist?
10-15-2019 07:52 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 139

MrMotorMan
Anyone tried one of these? I'm interested to know how they work in practice. In theory it looks like a cool idea.

[Image: Mr-Motor-Man-001.jpg]

[Image: Mr-Motor-Man-002.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Super, DalaGStanator
Mine works great once you figure out the controls. It can only be used on engines that take 'C' size batteries. There are a few YouTube videos that show how it works and we have discussed it here in the Forums too.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I wish! These were getting harder to find just as I was really getting in to the hobby. They later did a version with a rechargeable battery/receiver unit that could be used in AA powered trains.
OTR...Had you used the ones for the AA? I had thought that the square case wouldn't fit well in regular Plarails but fit in the Advance engines, but of course I could be wrong.
In this later version you can also use this support vehicle to push the engine so I guess it wouldn't matter about the batteries.

[Image: 10140427a2.jpg]

[Image: 10140427p.jpg]
This thing has been known and mentioned here for some years now. Despite being a third-party product (made by Brave), it works perfectly with Plarail/TrackMaster 1/possibly some other trains. I remember wondering if it also worked with the Chuggington Motorized (not Plarail) range since I have three of them and they use C batteries.

Ucwepn (our founder) made a review of it and showed it being used on some C battery engines (and later used it in several reviews of compatible trains).

It's "Really Useful" for things like filming or public layouts, or for characters who didn't have RC versions (which were easier to control but not quite as good). Also, since it uses radio control instead of infrared, the receivers can be hidden in the trains without deformation or glaring red parts. This also makes outdoor control more feasible.
Pronunciation: Da-lag-stanator
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, Finno
@Da-lag
Thank you for the Links

@Finno
Yes, there is that one but personally I don't like anything that 'pushes' any trains along as I find them cumbersome add to that, this design just doesn't look good. Yes, thats right...not fond of Emily, Mighty Mac, Hank (original), Molly, Murdoch or the C-57's. Now if they had modeled this unit after something to disguise it like a coach or brakevan it may be more presentable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(05-25-2019, 12:07 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: I wish! These were getting harder to find just as I was really getting in to the hobby. They later did a version with a rechargeable battery/receiver unit that could be used in AA powered trains.
Hobby Search used to have them.  One controller can control up to 5 trains I believe as long as you have 5 receivers. As super mentioned the original version can only be used for motors that use "C" battery.  Mr motorman kit comes with one receiver.  You insert a "AA" battery into the receiver.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno
It looks really fun. Thanks for the links Da-lag.

@Super - Do you notice any wear and tear to the motor using this? I wonder if it's bad for them to run in reverse or to have too much stop/start?

@OTR - there seem to be quite a lot on ebay at the moment.
I really didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the trains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Mr motorman definitely doesn't work on Trackmaster 2 engines for obvious reason. Mr. motorman is now somewhat an obsolete technology but it is worthwhile to get one. I believe there is an app and a receiver you must download and buy. Much more easier to operate but sadly the controls are written in Japanese for obvious reasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno
It's not "obsolete" since TrackMaster had major mechanical changes whereas Plarail is still the same. There is no app for Mr. Motorman, only the physical receiver and controller. I suppose you're thinking of the later RC Doctor Yellow that requires a Japanese address for the app. Due to how simple Mr. Motorman is, there's (little to) no need to learn Japanese to use it.
Pronunciation: Da-lag-stanator
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, Finno
Hi Guys it is a really fun bit of kit if you can find one! I have had no ill effects on any loco with it running in reverse (except for derailments haha).
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Finno, DalaGStanator
you don't need to buy an Angry Gordon if you want Gordon to run at a ridiculous speed. I haven't got myself one of the latest plarail engines yet. I wonder if mr motorman will work on the newest plarail engines since they have a different designs.
I don't know if I am looking at the wrong thing but there seem to be a lot available on eBay. Specifically the "Mr MotorMan operation good eco 3".

At first I thought perhaps they were just selling the m.3 battery pack but the listings seem to suggest it's the whole kit. A bit hard to decipher some of them.

Here's a search result:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from...n&_sacat=0

What do you think?