MrMotorMan

28 Replies, 25411 Views

Amazing! I never knew there was such a thing. This is much more versatile than the RC E5 set.
I'm ordering one from amazon right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hystudio's post:
  • Super
Did you order the one in the video above? Says #3 on the front of the box which I believe is the newest version. Please come back and let us know what you think of it Hy.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
@super Yes, I ordered the one in the video. I saw two versions of the 3rd gen Motorman, one has a blue controller, the other is green, which I believe is an environment-friendly version with only cosmetic differences.

[Image: 6079-F6-D2-8-D72-4-E49-BDAC-86-DF6-E200-FF4.jpg]

I’ll keep you updated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hystudio's post:
  • Super
I have received my Mr. Motorman M3. I tried its functions and it operates exactly like the one in Super's shared video.

[Image: IMG-9265.jpg]

I took a photo and labeled some buttons, hope it will help. Some first impressions:

- The controller is very easy to hold, similar in size and weight to a gamepad.
- Pairing is simple, you keep pressing "select" until you see a green light, then press "set", but it seems you have to pair each time you turn the controller and receiver on.
- Because there's a switch on the battery receiver you have to turn on/off each time you play, there's the hassle of frequently opening the chassis.
- It's fast at top throttle, faster than a typical AA battery.
- According to the manual, you can enable/disable auto turn off, change volume, etc; It can control 4 receivers at the same time; the battery can be used repeatedly 300 times. charging is 40 minutes and playing time is 40 minutes.
The operation feels like a real locomotive (at least according to my limited experience with Derail Valley VR game  Cool )
- To start the train, you set the brake to B0, then advance the throttle.
- To slow down and stop the train, you set brake to B1 then to Stop.
- To reverse drive, you first stop the train, set throttle to N, release brake, then press or hold reverse button. (press once to reverse continuously, hold to reverse and stop) It would be more realistic if they use a reverser switch here instead of a button.
- However, it's not possible to set throttle back to N (idle) and let the train stop by itself. It will simulate inertia by running at slow speed, until you apply full brake.

According to the manual, the green version differs in the way the two handles operate.

[Image: 41-QR-fv-s8-L.jpg]
The left handle directly controls movement from stop to high speed. The right handle simulates different "gears", which I think also controls the range of speed. P2, P3 is recommended for climbing hills, pulling heavy loads, etc.

So basically the green version can be operated with one hand while the blue version must use two handles. One is easier, the other is more realistic.
[-] The following 3 users Like hystudio's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
Fantastic Hy

Thank you for the tutorial and the Labeling picture as that will come in handy as I have one of these units coming. I think I had made some stick on labels for the original Mr Motorman that I have but your picture has more buttons labeled. Weird how that switch is different on the green one. I will have to see what the original has there.
Apparently, SidekickJason found a similar device to Mr. Motorman called Mabeee, which is an app controlled AA sized receiver that makes it easier to slow down and accelerate, along with other features the former doesn't really have. One of the only problems with it is it has no reverse feature, but starting and stopping does seem smoother and more user friendly. Here's a Thomas being operated with one.
[-] The following 3 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1
We did briefly talk about this back in 2016 but it never hurts to bring it up again for our newer members and/or for new information. Maybe its is improved since then with updated features since it was 4 years ago. Thanks Lag.
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread...ght=MaBeee
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
what button on Mr. Motorman do you have to press to make the train reverse ?

I found Mr. Motorman a bit complicated to operate.  I guess TAKARA TOMY E5 Series Hayabusa Train Control Set is a second generation to Mr. Motorman.  The drawback is that only certain shells can fitted on top of the chassis.  I attached a photo for your reference.  

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Member Hystudio provided this picture above showing English labels for the buttons.

[Image: IMG-9265.jpg]