Anyone Seen or Heard of These Tracks?

12 Replies, 12157 Views

Has anyone seen or heard of these small curved tracks or might they be 3D printed. If they are they look very well done. They look to be half curve rails with a smaller inside curve so they can be run side to side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPRxYzJcKuU

[Image: Untimmjktled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Never in my life. They may be 3D printed - there are faint horizontal lines on them and they look like a very slightly different shade of blue.

I'm quite taken by the skyscraper in the middle too. Definitely looking into this sort of big city scenery.

Also, what are those trains and what's with the weird couplings on some of them. They look custom to me.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 11:45 AM by Super.)
too complicated. For those who don't know how to print things on 3D printer, try using the flex tracks.
@Finno

I would have to say that some are customs as in many of his other videos you can see some awesome work that he does running on these massive Layouts. I wish he had videos showing more info and details with them though. I must have missed the weird couplings you mention.. What part of the video were they at?
(05-26-2019, 11:55 AM)Super Wrote: @Finno
I must have missed the weird couplings you mention.. What part of the video were they at?

At 00:20 seconds on the video you see a train pass on the second track (left to right). The third to fourth and fourth to fifth carriages have a different sort of coupling. I'm not familiar with this train so maybe it's standard.

(05-26-2019, 08:59 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: too complicated.  For those who don't know how to print things on 3D printer, try using the flex tracks.

I found a link on Thingiverse to a Plarail compatible half R-03 curve so I think there might be a good chance he 3D printed it.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3052425
I see what you mean but I can't get a clear picture of what the coupling looks like. Thats is one of the reasons why I wish this fellow would show how some of the customs were made. Hmmm, wonder if he has a web site or FaceBook type site where there would be more about the customs.

I am sure you are probably right about the track being 3D printed Finno.
(05-27-2019, 06:48 AM)Finno Wrote: At 00:20 seconds on the video you see a train pass on the second track (left to right). The third to fourth and fourth to fifth carriages have a different sort of coupling. I'm not familiar with this train so maybe it's standard.

Same thing at 00:23 on the train running in the opposite direction. It's a shared bogie arrangement. Here's a clear (ish) look at it......

[Image: Untitled.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
Thanks Dr Chris

Hmmm strange, maybe these coaches are not Plarail and this is how they were modified to roll on Tomy tracks...hmmm
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
The trains in question seem quite a bit like the TGV models, I don't know about the Tomy versions of the TGV, but in most other train ranges that have a TGV it is common to have this shared bogie arrangement as do the real trains.

As for the tracks, I would guess they are printed, the 'marks' are probably a way to make them without having to print them fully solid in order to save on filament, its one option you have when designing such things. Personally I'd rather do them solid and spend a bit more on filament for nothing else but durability and strength. Like the Thomas Mini tracks I've been printing, they will be very difficult to break by accident - ask Sun Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, Super
As you can see in this video, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKiisFOfRo tomy TGV doesn't have a shared bogie shared between two carriages. 

The closest one that has shared boogie I can think of is Tomy Hyperguardian Cargo Liner.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqakErXOeOU 
At 2:11. it shows 2 carriages share the same bogie.  In reality they can be seperated.  each carriage has one set of wheel at one end.
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno, Super