Spencer siderod mod

3 Replies, 5338 Views

As a kid I always though Spencer should’ve had the special side rods that Henry & Gordon have since they would be cool and more realistic
[Image: image.jpg]
Ask you can see in this image it is possible to do.
All you gotta do is break these little plastic things by the dummy wheel off and fill only the bottom with something I suggest something like clay. And you also need to make the axel for the wheels shorter I suggest getting one of like a Tomy tanker. The reason you need to do this mod to the wheels so the sides of it don’t get in the way and screw up the side rods
[Image: image.jpg]
Here’s a comparison for the body shells with a Mattel Spencer and the TOMY Spencer I modified

If you need more help please DM me
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Aresedale productions's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
Excellent Ares, I love me some custom works like this. Nice work!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
what tool(s) did you use to break the tiny pieces off the body?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
This does look better than the standard short black rods. Since the A4 is technically a streamlined version of the A1/A3 (Gordon and Flying Scotsman), the use of the same type as Gordon's makes more sense.

Side note: I think I should've repainted my Spencers (TOMY and Take Along) silver like the Mattel ones, because his bluish grey livery from his first appearance is not as impressive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super