Off to the Races

7 Replies, 5746 Views

I don't have a lot of items yet but since I'm running a Father's Day Hot Wheels race at my church for the kids I  thought I would add in a little of what I've got to spice things up a bit. Over the Christmas Holidays I plan to do a large combined layout. (if my thrift store finds keep working out)

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2019, 08:19 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Finno, Super
Very cool Bob and I like how you got Thomas into the action too. Will you be filming the Races so we can see the results? Its a neat idea for Fathers Day too. Maybe there are some members of your Church that have boxes of Tomy/Trackmaster trains in their closets from when their children were small for you to score. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm hoping to film some of the race. I've got close to 600 feet of race track total so we do some pretty elaborate setups throughout the year. I'll post when I can.

On the train side of things I walked into the local Goodwill shop today and scored a $4 box with a couple of bridges, roadway, single engine shed and a couple of other odd items in it. I definitely walked out happy. I might have already mentioned but each year at Christmas we do a large train display for the kids. This year since I'm selling off most of the other scales I'd like to do a nice Tomy/Thomas layout and weave some Hot Wheels Track through it so kids can race their cars through the display. It seems like a good idea in my head, now I just have to see if I can make it work. I also have to keep stock piling track. What you saw in the video is about 75% of what I have so far. But plenty of time yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Finno, Super
You have had very nice luck at the re-sale shops. Anxious to see any videos of what you can show us especially if you come up with a childrens interactive Layout maybe for the holidays.
Here's some highlights from some of the racing we just did. I intended to put trains on the layout but ran out of room. 600 feet of Hot Wheels track takes up a lot of space, so I had just a few scenic elements from Thomas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBsYl-exsk

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 07:12 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
That is fantastic Bob. Your set-ups must be pretty popular to drag so many children away from their video games. Looks like great fun. Nice work Bob. I don't know who is having more fun...you or the children! Smile
Oh, I think we both know the answer to that question, although I'll never admit it. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif]