Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 80966 Views

Thomas is looking really good T-Man. Nice work. How did you remove the blue paint on the edges of the wheels?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I removed the blue with a fine sandpaper. I'm planning on going over them again with a finer sandpaper (probably 2000 grit), then the finest one that I have (I think 3000) just in case the sandpaper I used at first put any scratches on the wheels.
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
A bit of a smaller update this time, but it's still an important one!
I finished off Thomas' new running plate design and also designed some buffers for him! I also placed an order for them from Shapeways, along with a couple other finishing features, so once the order gets here (probably in a couple of weeks), I'll be able to start getting Thomas ready for a proper assembly! The buffers are also going to be made of brass, which will hopefully be a better material than plastic!
[Image: t725-4.png]

[Image: t725-5.png]

I also painted Thomas' 1 on his left side, and I'll be preparing to do his right side soon.
[Image: IMG-20220322-090552.jpg]

That's all for now, but hopefully soon I'll have some more updates!
-TM2001
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
The lining transfers arrived, so I started work on Thomas! I got one side and the back done! It was a bit difficult at first, because I've never used waterslide transfers before, but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad.
[Image: IMG-20220402-153007.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220402-202430.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220402-202631.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
Looks great T-Man Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, TrainMan2001