Tough & a Tougher Thomas

10 Replies, 10462 Views

Tough Thomas pulling 35 Annie & Clarabel Coaches. (scroll down for an even Tougher Thomas)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails
I’m impressed! One of the issues I’ve had with long trains is derailment. This person has used fairly wide curves and long straight runs to alleviate that issue.

I’ve also never tried more than about 12 cars, usually with a C battery freight engine, so I wonder if this Thomas has any mods to increase its pulling power.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
(06-23-2019, 12:49 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: I wonder if this Thomas has any mods to increase its pulling power.

Good point. With my limited experience with Thomas is that his motor isn't all that fast but it is a strong mover but I never dreamed that out of the box he would be this strong. I also looked for a driven coach somewhere in between to give Thomas an assist but I couldn't spot one. I always assumed that the powered Annie or Clarabel coach was longer that the non-powered coaches but I could be wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
didn't ucwepen replaced one of this thomas motor will a more powerful one. I wonder if Mr. motorman can boast the power?
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno, Super
Yes, Ucwepn has replaced some stock motors (the motors themselves that are inside the housings) with ones made by Tamiya for enhanced speed or performance.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 05:49 PM by Super. Edit Reason: Thanks, Ucwepn. )
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Finno
Mr Motorman does increase speed and pulling power as it runs on 2 AAA batteries effectively increasing the voltage to 2.5+ volts (a little lost for the rc functionality). The newer version with the rechargeable lipo battery pack would be even more powerful going from my experience with modern rc cars.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
I do want a Mr. Motorman but I would have to get a Transformer to plug it into.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
What do you need a transformer for T-boy?
(06-30-2019, 05:27 AM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: I do want a Mr. Motorman but I would have to get a Transformer to plug it into.

Wrong. The Li-Po version (AA size receiver) uses USB, like RC helicopter/quadcopter batteries. You would plug it into a USB port.
Tougher Thomas...pulling 84 coaches. I see only 2 assist coaches in the rake helping thomas...still quite remarkable.

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Off The Rails