Whaaaat???

19 Replies, 12285 Views

(07-04-2019, 09:41 AM)chrisjo Wrote: The same seller is asking silly money for another item that's total junk. This botched custom:
https://www.jauce.com/auction/h407248613

you have to wonder how well this "modified" rolling stock can navigate the curve.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
(07-04-2019, 02:52 PM)Super Wrote: This set also includes the hard to find station with the pole (I forget what thats called)

And that M/M connector. I wish they still made them.
[Image: image.png]
(Nigels? )
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
There are Sellers who have 3D printed these Dr Chris. Not sure if any are from the UK though, I will look.

EDIT:
No luck finding a UK seller for the adapters, just some from the US so maybe Nigels is your best bet unless you don't mind the shipping costs.

Does anyone remember what these poles are called and their use? We have talked about these before but pudding for brains can't remember and I think I am the one who queried it. Undecided Blush Confused

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I thought it was a mail bag pole, what’s commonly known as a mail hook in the US.

There’s a seller on eBay and Amazon called Train Lab that sells a 3D printed version of the male to male adaptor (that sounds SO wrong). My son and has a number of his specialized pieces and they work quite well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Thats what I had thought but I think it had something to do with rings and the trains destination or something.
(07-05-2019, 05:28 PM)chrisjo Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 02:52 PM)Super Wrote: This set also includes the hard to find station with the pole (I forget what thats called)

And that M/M connector. I wish they still made them.
(Nigels? )

Sorry only just seen this, sure can do those no problem, how many you want Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(07-05-2019, 05:28 PM)chrisjo Wrote: And that M/M connector. I wish they still made them.

Not economical but as an FYI you get one of those connectors with the curved station J-26. See back of the box here:

[Image: J-26-2.jpg]

It's handy because then the curved station can connect without reversing it, regardless which way your track goes.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 11:12 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Oh hey, I was just wondering about the C12 that just came in from Japan literally today. I saw that snowplow set in an auction at some point and compared with the pictures of the auction I had won with it in and noticed the front hook. I can confirm it has a metal motor housing which is activated by the lamp on the runningboard which is connected to a lever underneath, kind of looks similar to the metal switch on the Round-Trip Plarail stuff.

[Image: IMG_20190706_150426_zpscobo5dco.jpg~original]

The motor makes a loud, metallic click every so often, by design I hope. It uses the rim drive mechanism with the smaller rubber wheels on the side of the motor that drives the traction tires instead of driving the axle.

[Image: IMG_20190706_150445_zps9kdfp1xm.jpg~original]
[Image: IMG_20190706_150447_zpsrrozhxai.jpg~original]
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Thanks Duck, that answers all the questions about the C-12. BTW, that one you have there looks to be in perfect condition for such an old release. I had never seen an on/off switch like that on the metal motored trains only the metal lever. The must have had to come up with this design because of the engine being so close to the rear of the rotary snow thrower. By any chance was the snow thrower in that auction? Thanks for showing us those detailed pictures. Hope to see you around here more often.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DuckGWR
Yeah, I figure they added the lamp slider to make it easier to turn on and off with the thrower attached. Unfortunately it wasn't included. I couldn't find the external switch at first even with it in my hand, didn't even notice the overhang until I moved the metal lever manually from the bottom. I'm definitely surprised it's survived in that nice a condition, does need new rubber bits though. Will have some other stuff from the auctions I ended up with to post about eventually
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 12:00 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Finno, Super