Orange (or yellow?) Bertie?

24 Replies, 16780 Views

Is anyone aware of a version of Bertie the bus that isn't red? I saw a listing on eBay with an orange (or maybe yellowish) motorized Bertie, but I didn't know there were any versions that weren't red. Bulgy, sure, they made a red and then green version, but not Bertie. Anyone have any insight? Thanks!
I saw the same same Listing and thought the same thing.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Can you post a pic?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(07-04-2019, 01:44 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Can you post a pic?

Here's one 

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, JAMES THE BRAINS
I was thinking of buying it just for Lorry but passed and it was grabbed up with a Best Offer. Ebay Listing

[Image: s-l16b00.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Finno
This is odd beyond belief. It was most likely a factory error since it looks like a normal one that got bleached. Strangely, the wheels are still the correct colour.

Reminds me of this Mighty Mac coach (left) we had a thread about:

[Image: image.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, Super
I wonder if it is just one that was left in the sun for too long, red gets affected by the sun more than other colours and bleaches quickly....
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, Super
It doesn't appear, to me, to be a result of sun fading because the color looks to be completely uniform. I suppose it could be a (very nicely done) custom job? Or it's just some factory error. I certainly can't find anything on the interwebs that describes a Bertie variant of any kind.
[-] The following 1 user Likes confusedanddelayed's post:
  • Super
Is there any reference to a relative of sorts to Bertie in any of the shows episodes?

Were you the winner of this Lot Confuse?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • confusedanddelayed
Of course looking at the picture it could just be a really awful photo lol! The lighting is not at all consistent in that shot...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin