Un-Boxing the 60th Anniversary Best Selection Set

6 Replies, 4668 Views

Suzukawa has this un-boxing video of the 60th Anniversary Best Selection Set which apparently is already on the shelves in Japan.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails
I think it's been available for a little bit. They were definitely running ads for it during Shinkalion.

If I recall someone said it's not selling so great as people would prefer a real train to the Red Fliner?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
Are you sure T-Fanz? It shows that it will be released on July 11th although how true that can be when we see them on a shelf in this video. But she does say it was "Pre-sold at Linear Railway Hall in Nagoya!" so maybe they let loose a few a week ahead of schedule. Wish I knew what Suzukawa is saying in the part of the video she is at the store at the 0:45 minute mark.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Not sure if I like those style of trees. Bring back the old cylindrical ones I say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
I actually find this set appealing. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive to get bigger sets shipped to the US. I guess the tree clusters are okay; not objectionable but nothing exciting either. I’m also kind of indifferent to the Plakid looking driver. That’s more an issue of personal preference because I’m sure some folks like him just fine.

The non-magnetic pop out coupler is a neat idea and one thing that my son mentioned really liking about this set. I also think the pop up pantographs are a neat feature.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
(07-06-2019, 02:41 AM)Super Wrote: Are you sure T-Fanz? It shows that it will be released on July 11th although how true that can be when we see them on a shelf in this video. But she does say it was "Pre-sold at Linear Railway Hall in Nagoya!" so maybe they let loose a few a week ahead of schedule. Wish I knew what Suzukawa is saying in the part of the video she is at the store at the 0:45 minute mark.

She says that they are selling it early at the Nagoya SCMAGLEV and Railway Park (the JR Central one) starting from the 3rd of July 2019 and she bought it there.

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super
Thanks for the translation Plarnold. Smile