FINALLY!!!

6 Replies, 5973 Views

WooHoo! A Great surprise

I have finally attained the blue & white Garbage Truck, The Ice Cream Truck and a Blue Mini Van.

These were all from one seller and they were listed as used in good condition...well..........Imagine my surprise when I opened these today to find they are all NEW, unused in mint condition. I have been after a blue and white garbage truck for some time but the few times they turn up in the auctions the condition was not good. The Ice Cream truck when seen in the auctions too was always less than mint with somewhat darkened stickers. And besides an Ambulance there aren't many motorized Mini Vans, plenty of SUV's but few Mini Vans so I was glad to add this one to the collection. I am so happy right now, these are beautiful and worth the wait.

I know I have said once before that I have completed my shopping in the Japan Auctions because I have everything I want but this time its for sure. [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]

[Image: 015.jpg]

[Image: 016.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails
Wow, nice find! It's always great when they are better than described.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
Thanks Bob

I agree and the fact that they didn't include pictures of the inside or underside of the chassis added to me thinking it was used merchandise. Must have fooled a lot of buyers as there wasn't many bidding....which is fine with me [Image: giggle.gif]
Speaking of which, I picked up the Avalanche Escape set I mentioned earlier. There were a few minor pieces missing but the track is complete. I was amazed at how quiet the Thomas engine sounds. I mean incredibly quiet. Are most of the new Trackmaster engines like that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
That is the one quality that the Revolutions have is that the motor is so quiet but because of the way they geared it there is also the big drawback as its not free wheeling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
based on the serial number on each box, can we assume there are battery operated vehicle ranging from B-01 to B-12?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Sure...you can assume but as far as the 'B' Series I have seen a B-20 (see master list) so I wish I knew how many were produced in each Series. By series I am referring to the letters in front of the numbers which there are many.

A
AM
B
C
D
E
F
H
L
No
TW

I do wish there was a place to check what was exactly produced in each series but if there is such a place then our list here wouldn't be needed. Hence the reason for creating it and as far as I have seen we have the best listing on the Internet. If anyone knows of a better, equal or at least partial to ours here I would be glad to list that resource here too.