Whaaat? Chuggington is Back?

10 Replies, 9095 Views

Whats this? A new Chuggington Plarail release? Suzukawas latest video shows this and what I take from watching (because I don't understand Japanese) is this is a site specific release modeled after a Chuggington themed street car in Japan? Looking at the position of the on/off switch and two speeds it has to be the newer Plarail Chassis. I can only assume that this is a one time thing and Plarail isn't going to bring the Chuggington line back but I don't know.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
10TH Anniversary this year . Just signed a distribution deal with Alpha Toys and a new series coming . Not sure of Plarail plans
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Super
Thanks Rekp for the info. Is that 10 years since the first TV show?
Cool, it could make the older ones more collectible if they do bring out a new range Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
At least these don't have those fake wheel trucks on the side like the originals which I don't care for.
@Super

This Plarail is train design of Chaggington by Okayama Dentetsu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQahvjVB_bA

PS. This train is the same JR KYUSHU "NANATSUBOSHI" designer by Eiji Mitooka.

[Image: Snap-Crab-No-Name-2019-7-19-9-10-23-No-00.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 12:59 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like jukiodaisuki's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Hi Jukio

Thanks for the information. That is a cool picture and I only wonder what a child would think seeing these coming down the street. It sure would be neat if Plarail could come up with a way to make the accordion cover in the middle, that would look so cool. Do you know if this Plarail train will only be available at a certain place and not sold all over as a regular retail version is?
I'm surprised how long it took me to make the connection to Hoot and Toot (the closest thing to this tram in the series besides Wilson and Brewster themselves):

[Image: latest?cb=20121103152911]

Emery is also articulated like they are:

[Image: latest?cb=20111028072439]

Curiously, in the Chuggington Die-Cast range, they knew how to keep this joint and make it work, unlike in other merchandise. They made two different variants of Hoot and Toot: One with both articulated like in the series, and another as two separate units with regular couplings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
I had purchased a junk tin train like the one pictured below to see if the accordion covers on it could be modified for a Plarail but I felt they were a might too short. They are only like a oblong ball that were placed in the recesses of the ends of the cars and freely moved. It was a neat way to do it and I think something like it could work for Plarail, but Plarail would have to recess the ends which wouldn't be much of a problem I would think.

[Image: 7f91033907804f4506ce271074725133.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(07-19-2019, 01:06 AM)Super Wrote: @Super
This Plarail has a limited production quantity of 10000.

In Japan, you can buy it at the Chuggington shop in Okayama or the Wakayama Electric Railway site. 
However, it can not be shipped overseas.

Wakayama Dentesu Shoping Site

http://www.ichigoec.com/ca26/3008/p-r26-s/

Okaden Museum

http://www.okayama-kido.co.jp/okadenmuseum/index.html
[-] The following 2 users Like jukiodaisuki's post:
  • chrisjo, Super