Very Kewl: Bus, Track & Train Diorama

8 Replies, 6851 Views

Very Kewl: Bus, Track & Train Diorama

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno
Very Kewl might be understating it a bit. This is quite phenomenal. When I saw the truck reverse into the loading bay and then the bus indicating to change lanes and turn corners I was impressed.

Then I saw the UFO towards the end. OMG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
[Image: green-alien-spaceship-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Excellent, at first I thought I was looking at something based on the TomyTec Moving Bus system, but this is obviously way beyond that. I can understand how it is probably done, but I would love to know how some of the effects have been managed Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
It's more like the Faller Car System, but with less European designs and no motorised cars (only buses, lorries and vans. The forklifts work differently and don't count). Some Faller vehicles have LEDs for head/tail lights, turn signals and emergency vehicle lighting. Much better than Tomytec. If only TOMY's cars and the Thomas vehicles could steer so they wouldn't have to be guided by "kerb rails".
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2019, 09:26 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Hi Dala,

I'm aware of the Faller system as well, in fact I got a starter kit long ago, but never got round to building it as it does take a lot of effort.

The Tomytec bus system can steer as it is basically the same sort of tech that the Faller system uses, except the track comes with the metal wires already embedded (think scalextric except that the wirse are in the plastic) and you can control the vehicles by adding small magnets at certain points in different combintions (i.e. get a bus to pull over and wait a time period then resume its journey). The chassis for the buses can be purchased separately so it would be perfectly possible to fit a lorry body to a bus chassis instead. The Tomytec buses should also work on a Faller system once you've built it.

Either way both systems are great and can add a great deal to a layout... Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I believe German's Miniature city is probably the biggest miniature city in the world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
There is no question that  the world´s largest model railway,  Miniatur Wunderland, in Hamburg Germany is the best Layout ever and this Layout may have used technology invented for that awesome set. This set is pretty neat in its own right. I wonder who is the first one to be able to animatronic tiny people to walk around and get on and off trains, planes and buses will be.

Miniatur Wunderland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
it will be in a bigger scale to make the people or should I say robots to move around.

There was a minature city in my province called Cullen Garden I believe that's the name of it. Sadly due to low attendance, they went out of business in the 90s. it was quite small and it was located outdoor so yes it was a seasonal attraction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super