08-16-2019 02:14 PM
» Replies: 22
» Views: 359
Nice Customs AN AN & YIN LONG
Last Post: Super
08-16-2019 07:08 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 221
How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are The...
Last Post: Super
08-14-2019 12:48 PM
» Replies: 48
» Views: 10861
New Plarail from Outside of Japan
Last Post: leylandvictory2
08-14-2019 11:30 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166

Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi Set
My Hong Kong dealer came through for me yet again.

[Image: enoden-1.jpg]

[Image: enoden-2.jpg]

So excited to get this set because:

a.) It's out of print so not so common
b.) It's got a buddha
c.) It's got a sail boarder Plakid
d.) I plan to go to Kamakura in November and hope to ride this Enoden private railway to see the buddha at Kotoku-in and visit Enoshima Island.

Here's the db link:
https://www.ttdb.info/entry.php?id=143

Here's the link to Enoden railway:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoshima_Electric_Railway
[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Off The Rails
Umi No Mieru Tabi = A Journey with a View of the Sea, as per the picture on the box.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
Nice pick up!
my website address has changed: http://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno, Super
(08-02-2019, 08:26 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Umi No Mieru Tabi = A Journey with a View of the Sea, as per the picture on the box.

OMG - thanks for translating. That's awesome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
That is a very kewl set, is it new? I have been seeking out one of those Wind Surfer PlaKids ever since I first laid eyes upon one. My mind is telling me that the Wind Surfer may have come in one other set but I am probably wrong and its exclusive to this set. I think Sunhuntin has one. I also see you scored a Tobu Spacia...great pick ups.

That is a fantastic, searchable, Plarail Data Base site you Linked to, great information and worth it to add to ones Favorites. https://www.ttdb.info/index.php
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Super you may be thinking of the Pink PostPet Enoden set, as it comes with a surfer as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Finno
(08-02-2019, 10:29 PM)Super Wrote: That is a very kewl set, is it new? I have been seeking out one of those Wind Surfer PlaKids ever since I first laid eyes upon one. 

Yes it was new in shrink wrap. I believe it was a 2002 release.  If my guy gets another one I will get him to hold it for you.

There is another of these vacation 'tabi' sets that I am aware of:

https://www.ttdb.info/entry.php?id=147

Never seen this one in the wild though. The train looks brilliant.
Here's a little video:

(08-03-2019, 12:30 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Super you may be thinking of the Pink PostPet Enoden set, as it comes with a surfer as well.

Fantastic Ripley...thanks...confirms that my mind isn't playing tricks on me............for now.   Confused

(08-03-2019, 12:43 AM)Finno Wrote: Yes it was new in shrink wrap. I believe it was a 2002 release.  If my guy gets another one I will get him to hold it for you.

I appreciate the offer Finno but I don't want the whole set only the PlaKid Wind Surfer.   Big Grin and I do already have this version of the Enoden

Nice to see your latest acquisitions running on the Layout. Did the surf board and sail come in the box?
For reference. :-)
[Image: 6-F6-D828-C-2869-439-C-96-BE-E869632274-C3.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Finno, Super
Thanks Ripley, I was just trying to search for that picture.

I see the board and sail are different than Finnos set...great...now I have 2 I would like. I don't see the surfer PlaKid in your picture to compare with the Budda set, did yours have her/him? I also have the pink Enoden.
(08-03-2019, 01:00 AM)Super Wrote: Nice to see your latest acquisitions running on the Layout. Did the surf board and sail come in the box?

Yes I got the surf board but haven't put the stickers on it. I always stress about putting stickers on because I'm hopeless at getting them straight!
(08-03-2019, 01:04 AM)ripley802 Wrote: For reference.  :-)
[Image: 6-F6-D828-C-2869-439-C-96-BE-E869632274-C3.jpg]

Goodness, that is quite... vivid!
I use to stress out with stickers before to...until I started using a knife. This corrected 2 problems I had. It keeps my big fingers out of the way so I can easily see where the sticker needs to go and whether it is straight and where I want it. It also keeps the natural human oils from my fingers away from the stickum which affects the adhesion in that spot. You can pick up the sticker in any position depending on where the sticker is going. Sometimes it is better to turn the part upside down and pick up the sticker upside down to get it into a tight space. I also like to hold the item in place with a tiny hobby vice, hemostats or clamp so it doesn't move around then you can use the thumb on your other hand to start the stick all the while being able to see if it is lining up before the final stick. You could easily practice this method with some inexpensive stickers or ones laying around that you don't need.

[Image: gh.jpg]
(08-03-2019, 01:27 AM)Super Wrote: I use to stress out with stickers before to...until I started using a knife.

Genius. You are a real pro! 

I have one of those long hobby scalpel's that would be prefect for this (also it would be perfect for amateur surgery I guess).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super