Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi Set

38 Replies, 30752 Views

Thanks Ripley, I was just trying to search for that picture.

I see the board and sail are different than Finnos set...great...now I have 2 I would like. I don't see the surfer PlaKid in your picture to compare with the Budda set, did yours have her/him? I also have the pink Enoden.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(08-02-2019, 02:00 PM)Super Wrote: Nice to see your latest acquisitions running on the Layout. Did the surf board and sail come in the box?

Yes I got the surf board but haven't put the stickers on it. I always stress about putting stickers on because I'm hopeless at getting them straight!
(08-02-2019, 02:04 PM)ripley802 Wrote: For reference.  :-)
[Image: 6-F6-D828-C-2869-439-C-96-BE-E869632274-C3.jpg]

Goodness, that is quite... vivid!
I use to stress out with stickers before to...until I started using a knife. This corrected 2 problems I had. It keeps my big fingers out of the way so I can easily see where the sticker needs to go and whether it is straight and where I want it. It also keeps the natural human oils from my fingers away from the stickum which affects the adhesion in that spot. You can pick up the sticker in any position depending on where the sticker is going. Sometimes it is better to turn the part upside down and pick up the sticker upside down to get it into a tight space. I also like to hold the item in place with a tiny hobby vice, hemostats or clamp so it doesn't move around then you can use the thumb on your other hand to start the stick all the while being able to see if it is lining up before the final stick. You could easily practice this method with some inexpensive stickers or ones laying around that you don't need.

[Image: gh.jpg]
(08-02-2019, 02:27 PM)Super Wrote: I use to stress out with stickers before to...until I started using a knife.

Genius. You are a real pro! 

I have one of those long hobby scalpel's that would be prefect for this (also it would be perfect for amateur surgery I guess).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Enoden umi no mieru tabi set is my favorite set. No wonder; you can't have Enoden Plarail layout without elements from this set (the Island, the Buddha etc.)
I combined it with some elements from the old A Day Out with James set (the station with Bertie and the road) and so I have my Hase Station now:

[Image: IMG-20191230-181341.jpg]

Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi is such a nice set!
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, PlarailTown, Super
Hmmm...maybe your screen name should be Mister Enoden as it seems like your favorite trains. Big Grin

I like those caroling penguins on the street corner.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No
(12-30-2019, 07:25 PM)Super Wrote: I like those caroling penguins on the street corner.

Oh, well, you can't without them in this time of the year, can you?
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I recently discovered a newer version called Enoden Little Excursion Set

It's got the newer Takara Tomy logo but I don't know what year it's from. It doesn't have any Plakids or station but has the mountain with a different colour for the temple and gate. Also the Buddha statue looks green rather than grey.

Here's the DB link:
https://ttdb.info/index.php?search=name&query=enoden

Actually it might be worthwhile listing all the Enoden trains we know of as there seems to be a quite a few.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
I noticed The Little Excursion Set too. The old Enoden tram is nice, but the Buddha is somewhat too green:

[Image: id194_cu3.jpg]

The one in Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi Set is, in my opinion, more realistic, or just... prettier:

[Image: IMG-20191231-010405.jpg]

Also, the Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi Set comes with, in my opinion, better looking island (especially the sightseeing tower is better):

[Image: IMG-20191231-010425.jpg]

Enoden EER 502+552 is a very special train:

[Image: IMG-20191231-010709.jpg]

...and you get a gray platform (with two identical couplings, which is a bit odd)...

[Image: IMG-20191231-010738.jpg]

...and a nice little station:

[Image: IMG-20191231-010950.jpg]

So Enoden Umi No Mieru Tabi wins in comparision of these two sets, but that's just me...

And yes, I agree, it would be worthwhile to list all Enoden trains. I have four of them: Enoden 501+551; 502+552; 1201+1251 and 1001+1551-the pale one. All except the 502+552 are models with sound. But there are at least 5 more I can think of right now: the one from the set you mentioned, the little ringing tram, Type 300 in green and chocolate and 501+551 in pink (Enoden PostPet Dream Train), but in form of green 502+552, not the green 501+551.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super