The Mother Lode

13 Replies, 9587 Views

You are awesome, thanks for figuring that out. As I looked through the boxes I found the train from that set, or part of it at least and the remote. Still works. Also the tunnel and one of the blue overhead stanchions. By the way, there was a ton of the the new Trackmaster stuff (you know, the stuff I said I wouldn't collect) Anyway some of the sets are missing lots of pieces but some are complete or nearly so, I'm in the middle of building the "Mad Dash on Sodor' set but here's a picture of the sets I've managed to piece together so far. You can also see some of the Tomy stuff on the table that was mixed in as well. I still have to go through the HiT era stuff I think there's at least one set of that. I'm not sure how the family that owned this stuff fit it all.

[Image: Trains-so-Far.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Finno, Super
Thanks Leland...you also did a review right here at BPT on this set Posted back in 2015 https://www.blueplastictracks.com/showth...hp?tid=906

I must keep an eye out for some of these tracks as it sounds like a great idea to use them on bridges.

@Bob
Holy Cow, there is a lot of stuff, wow, and there is still more?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes, still more, but I think that is it for the mostly complete sets, including the 'Mad Dash on Sodor' which I just completed. There's probably a few more with major pieces missing so I won't bother trying to put them together. There's also the Super Station which is sitting on the Hot Wheels track right now and the Hyperglow station. As far as Tomy stuff goes there are more track pieces plus the Big Thomas that you can drive other trains through. That's pretty cool. And the Tomy Windmill although just the base is there, no windmill sadly. There are probably two sets in the tan track (HiT)as well. Honestly I got into this for the Plarail stuff but got pulled away by all of these good deals. They'll make a nice display for Christmas but I'll probably consider selling most of this Trackmaster 2 stuff off afterwards and use the money to invest in Plarail items. It does look impressive though...

And I must say, while I'm not really into "Stunt Thomas" there is something strangely satisfying about watching him make that two-foot jump and land back on the track. It wasn't working right when I got it, but polishing the rails with a little wax paper really has him flying.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 05:47 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Engineer Bob's post:
  • Super
Anxious for Xmas (can't believe I said that) to see what you come up with for the Layout Bob
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]