Micro Scale R/C Vehicles...Amazing!

22 Replies, 16272 Views

I just find these Micro Remote Controlled vehicles amazing just to think that in my day the first R/C's had to be huge. I love the one towing the Camper. Bet it would take a lot of practice backing that up.

The working Hi-Lo in the second video is awesome. This YouTuber has many videos of the Micro Scale R/C vehicles.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Off The Rails
Very cool!
It's funny that the remote is still so large.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Finno, Super
LOL, that was what crossed my mind too Muddy upon seeing the controller next to the VW Bus. The controllers must be individually synced to a specific vehicle to be able to have several people race them like that at the same time. Wonder if the controller can be programed to run more than one vehicle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
[Image: glitter-omg-emoticon.gif]     Can you believe these??? What amazes me is that these tiny things have to have intricate motors, rechargeable batteries and receivers inside those small bodies.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(08-07-2019, 08:50 PM)Super Wrote: LOL, that was what crossed my mind too Muddy upon seeing the controller next to the VW Bus. The controllers must be individually synced to a specific vehicle to be able to have several people race them like that at the same time. Wonder if the controller can be programed to run more than one vehicle.

I have a similar thing for one Christmas.  The one i got comes with two different radio chanel just in case there are more than one turned on at the same time.   otherwise they will move like synchronized swimming lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
You have one of these Micro Scale R/C Vehicles Leyland? Which one do you have?

They even have a Micro R/C boat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxx1hv12koo
These are even more awesome than the regular vehicles. I'm not familiar with dump trucks that tip sideways (1:03), or Hummer limos (7:10). The motorcycle (6:24) impressed me as well since the support wheels are neatly disguised, though I think they should use MEMS gyroscopes for dirt bikes and other thin-tyred ones.

Side note: two of the bulldozers heavily resemble Terence the Tractor (especially the second one with its orange colour). The fact that many of these were originally "lifeless toys" is remarkable, but it's also a bit disappointing that they can't be bought off the shelf and have to be modified from scratch.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2019, 02:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
I agree as that motorcycle is fantastic. Wish they showed a handful (literally LOL) of them racing and leaning into the curves.
  • DalaGStanator
One of the comments below the video says this:

"For those searching the internet trying to find these micro rc in this video. Only a few of the semi trucks can be bought on eBay. The rest of what you see. Is hand crafted using 1:87 scale toys or ho train scale models. EBay,Amazon,aliexpress.com and pretty much any where else will carry the display models only. The motors, gears,axles, nano servo, receiver, radio, batteries charger, plugs/connectors , led bulbs, etc. Can be bought on eBay or most China commerce related websites. It would be a great idea to watch videos on restoring match box cars/hot wheels to find out what other parts , tools, and supplies you'll need. It will be a great idea on watching video on scratch built 3 print rc cars. In closing. I BUILD these micro rc's at home. Each one cost about $150 to $200 to build. The tools I use cost about $2200 Total. The small cnc metal lathe cost $762.00. There's really no one place to buy the stuff needed to build your own 1:87 scale rc model collection. Just learn what you need and how to go about getting it done is all you need. Best of luck to ya."
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thank you Dr Chris
Knowing this even makes them more amazing as how the heck do they get all that you would have to buy to fit in such a small space (1:87 HO Scale) which is smaller than Matchbox, all the while leaving enough room for the movements, incredible. I might be able to picture in my mine the small VW Bus packed with stuff but those construction vehicles with all the different movements of the boom and buckets in addition to the forward and reverse direction and steering is mind boggling. Maybe they have a team of intelligent Nanobots building them?
  • DalaGStanator