An Un-boxing The New Mega Station

19 Replies, 21097 Views

An Un-Boxing of the recently released 60th Anniversary Mega Station Building Set.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, mod thana
too bad the elevator doesn't go all the way down to the track levels.
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno, Super
Looks to be a pretty neat set. There sure is a lot of sounds and announcements, some even in English I believe and maybe other languages too. I like the light up Departure/Arrival board.

There is a part of a track piece that the video didn't show it doing anything (see picture) It almost looks like an activation track for a TnA engine but I have never seen with so many nubs (10).

Good grief, with all the pegs for PlaKids (8) they couldn't include real ones and not that flat stickered thing? Come on Plarail, you couldn't raise the price a couple Yen and include a special 60th Anniversary PlaKid?

[Image: titled.jpg]
(08-09-2019, 03:57 AM)Super Wrote: There is a part of a track piece that the video didn't show it doing anything (see picture) It almost looks like an activation track for a TnA engine but I have never seen with so many nubs (10).
Activation track for these items on the mega-station box, I guess:
[Image: Untitled.png]

For example, from the "Action in the rail! Sound Glows C62 Set (w/60th Memorial Rail)" set:
[Image: Untitled2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Finno
Thanks Dr Chris

Does that first picture with the 3 trains come from the Mega Stations box? If so, I wonder what that says as even the official Plarail video introducing the set doesn't show that track piece in action.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...FQIN9S.mp4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • AOF04
(08-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Super Wrote: Does that first picture with the 3 trains come from the Mega Stations box?
On the video you posted at the top of this thread, at 01:13.
  • Super
(08-09-2019, 02:24 PM)Super Wrote: I wonder what that says ......

OK, after a monumental effort, I can reveal that the top line of text on the image is:

3つのサウンドモード搭載   =   Equipped with three sound modes

...and the bottom line:

首券の持っている車両に合わせたサウンドが楽しめる!!  =  You can enjoy the sound that matches the vehicle you have!!

Which leaves us not very much wiser.  Now I need to go and lie down for a bit. I may feel strong enough later on to have a go at the text attached to each of the individual trains - Shinkansen, Metro, Steam Locomotive - or I may not.
  • Super
Update:  if you look at the text on the "new for Aug-19" product page at the TakaraTomy website, it says this:

⑤自分の持っている車両に合わせて選べる、3つのサウンドモードを搭載!(新幹線・在来線・SL)

"⑤ Equipped with three sound modes that you can choose according to your vehicle! (Shinkansen, conventional line, Steam Locomotive)"

All of which suggests to me that you can select the sound mode on the station control console, and nothing to do with the track that Super was questioning in the first place.
  • Super
It is odd that they must have had an idea about this part of the track in the design phase of this building set. Could they have scraped the idea after production machines were set up and in place? Its strange that it isn't featured anywhere. Why would they mold it right into the station when other new sets just include separate activation track pieces? Curious if a YouTuber will see this this and do a test video with one of the new generation activation trains to see what its about. YouTubers...are you out there?
I am new to this thread, but my take would be you can run any of the new engines (Shinkansen, conventional line, Steam Locomotive) that were released and depending which it is the activation track will do the appropriate action? For example the new C62 steam set does one action, the E235 something else, etc...
Here are a couple videos of the C62 and E235 for reference:

C62
https://youtu.be/ZZ4dh_jJGIU

E235:
https://youtu.be/ycNkEiSaK9w
https://youtu.be/TdkF-gxNDLY
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super