Just Showed Up at My Door

4 Replies, 4114 Views

This just showed up at my door...imagine that.

First time I had seen this motorized car so of course I had to have it if its hard to find...I don't even know what they call it other than what the Listing called it "Private Taxi" Normally they have what the vehicle is, printed on the bottom but not this one. Anyone interpret what the box says? I am also confused as the box says C-06 but under it says H05. It also is one that uses a AAA as opposed to the 'N' size that a lot of others have.

[Image: 001.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Are these motorised cars still available (I mean the range rather than this particular one) or are they second hand or 'new' old stock if you get me?

Just curious as I have a nephew visiting Japan in the near future so if they are available I could ask him to try and pick some up for me Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(08-13-2019, 03:50 PM)Super Wrote: Anyone interpret what the box says?
個人タクシー   =   private taxi

and

モータートミカ  =  mo - ta - to mi ka   Google it, you might find some more!, this popped up, for example:

[Image: 83667_104474_07B_DSC_2628.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 06:43 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Finno
Oh thats a great picture Dr Chris. Looks to be from a 1997 Tomica Catalog. Very cool, I haven't seen such list before. I wonder if there is Tomica catalogs shown somewhere so we can see the individual releases of the 1992-2004 time span. That catalog even shows the replacement tires.

@Nigels

I wish they still made these. Perusing our master List you can see that the earliest date is 1992 with nothing after 2004. I wish they would come out with a Limited release every year at the Tomica Expos of a new vehicle.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I feared as much Smile

Still I may ask him to look out for them, even second hand, that's if he gets time of course Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin