Nice Customs AN AN & YIN LONG

8 Replies, 11729 Views

These aren't mine but I think they are nicely done Customs of AN AN & YIN LONG whoever they are.

[Image: s-l1ytu600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(08-13-2019, 07:51 PM)Super Wrote: ...AN AN & YIN LONG whoever they are.

The TTTE Wiki tells us that:

"An An and Yin-Long are two Chinese coaches Thomas meets during his visit to China. They usually work with Hong-Mei and Thomas during his Chinese passenger runs. Occasionally, Yong Bao pulls them. "
Thanks Dr Chris, I had never heard about them before.
They're from Season 22 and were introduced in "Number One Engine". They're basically the Chinese Annie and Clarabel, except one (Yin-Long) is male.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2023, 08:41 AM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Thanks Da-lag
Those coaches are really nicely done!

Unfortunately, we dropped upper tier cable a few years ago and haven’t watched much Thomas since it moved to Nick Jr. The few episodes we’ve watched online are kinda...well... “blah”! I’m especially disappointed that they just glossed over locomotives from the US and North America since there’s such a deep well of iconic designs and railroad history to draw from. One of my son’s biggest complaints was that they missed the chance to introduce an American high nose diesel, by which he was thinking of the first generation EMD GP series.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I love how your son thinks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
(08-15-2019, 12:11 PM)Super Wrote: I love how your son thinks

Oh yeah, he’s a smart kid and very perceptive! Also a major pain in my butt although I can’t help but love the little guy. Big Grin

And he’s really on point here. The US episode(s) didn’t even feature US spec engines! He pointed out to me that they’d just reused the CGI model for Frankie from Journey Beyond Sodor for the “American diesel”. Nothing against the characters they’ve introduced because Yong Bao and Rebecca are both especially popular here at Chez OTR, while Nia and Ashima are also well liked. I just wish they’d taken the opportunity to introduce some US locomotives while creating these “international” episodes!

And now it seems I’ve lived up to my handle by taking this thread “Off The Rails”! Blush
Its my Thread, you can take Off the Rails as much as you want...  Smile