Got Trackmaster Monty!!

19 Replies, 16860 Views

If they were to sell Max and Monty together like in Wooden Railway and Take Along, chances are Monty wouldn't have become so confusingly hard to find (I mean, he's literally just Max with 16 instead of 15).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • ThomasFan3004
(08-28-2019, 08:18 AM)ThomasFan3004 Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 06:43 PM)confusedanddelayed Wrote: Nice! If you don't mind me asking, where'd you find it? I saw a Monty on mercari.com a long time ago, but it turned out that it wasn't really available (no clue what happened, but seller canceled the transaction).

I live in Poland and they appear from time to timeSo I bought one at good priceWink

I've heard that Poland is the place to go for Monty! It's so odd that for some reason all the Montys apparently reside over there Smile. I'd love to get a Monty, but I'm pretty sure a trip to Poland is out of my price range!
(08-28-2019, 12:51 PM)ThomasFan3004 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 12:13 PM)Super Wrote: It seems like they are a bit more common in Poland. Isn't that were you got yours from Muddy?

No i didnt get Monty from Muddy  Smile

Super actually meant to ask Muddy if he got his Monty from Poland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Ahh you live in Poland...that makes sense!
I believe Fisher Piece OC intentionally dumped Monty in Poland to thwart any chances to “Collect them all!”...
Actually Monty has slightly different eyebrows than Max along with having a different number.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, Super
Seems like a bad reason to dump Monty in Poland. Poland is a huge market, no?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Talty's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Fisher-Price has proven to be notoriously good at making bad decisions.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Hi Talty
Welcome to Blue Plastic Tracks Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(10-09-2019, 11:44 AM)Talty Wrote: Seems like a bad reason to dump Monty in Poland. Poland is a huge market, no?

That is exactly right. Another reason why Monty is extra rare is because he would not have been a popular purchase as Jack And the Sodor Construction Company NEVER AIRED in Poland. Therefore kids would not even know who Monty was and would not buy him.Dodgy

Fun Fact: In Poland we call Monty 'Mateusz' which is the Polish equivalent of 'Matthew'.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
Indeed! I actually own THE monty in this post i believe
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super
What about the monty you showed in your video?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 10:23 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters