Latest Purchases

21 Replies, 15523 Views

Thanks Duck

Boy the circumference of the 12 track turntable must be much bigger than the newer blue one. Thats a good picture.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Had another look around, here's an auction for a sealed one. Looks like it was sold with some dogbones to help you connect to it's all female connectors.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/h404076889

I can't tell if it's bigger than the Thomas one, it doesn't seem like it's long enough to be a straight and a half... the designs to the side of the track on the table look like they're the same as the Thomas one, including the stop/go switch, although the overhead support and engine stoppers are a different design. The spaces between track connections is definitely less than the later one.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DuckGWR's post:
  • Super
Ah, thats where I recognize this as...it has the built in place for a Gantry in the center. Thanks for the picture Duck. Which brings up the question that in real life can any electric train with no stored batteries or hybrid Diesel even manage a turntable unless it had gantry's at both ends with a power wire between them?

With this one you can't have a 90 degree cross as the half count is even (6) where I think you need a half count as odd (5) like the blue one. And I think I could run track in any of those angles using 1/6, 1/4 track adapters along with some long radius curves. In fact its what I enjoy the most about creating and designing a layout where you have to work at connecting. Granted this is harder to do in a small layout but given a bit more room and a little thinking along with ample track one could connect any of those.
Few more came in today.
Hanging Monorail. Was excited for it to come

[Image: 20190911-162200.jpg]   [Image: 20190911-163841.jpg]

Got bumblebee James, Edward, Roise, Duncan and couple of carriages. All TOMY. I do have plarail Edward but not tomy one. 

[Image: 20190911-181211.jpg]

28 extra of supports. Have too many of it. I lost my count and road turntable. It doesnt turn as it jammed then took apart to see 2 of little white small gears cracked. Need replace. Does anyone know where to get it?

[Image: 20190911-162154.jpg]   [Image: 20190911-181456.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like drew5195's post:
  • AOF04, Finno, Super
Were you amazed at how many gears there actually are when you opened up the road turntable Drew? I have also replace gears and lubricated a couple of those turntables recently. I can't remember off hand but how many teeth does one of those gears have? If I remember correctly, all the gears inside are the same.
(09-11-2019, 02:06 PM)Super Wrote: Were you amazed at how many gears there actually are when you opened up the road turntable Drew? I have also replace  gears and lubricated a couple of those turntables recently. I can't remember off hand but how many teeth does one of those gears have? If I remember correctly, all the gears inside are the same.

Yeah I was. There is 10 white gears ones. Yes they are all the same size and there 10 teeth. I managed to fix it by not tighten screws. Someone tighten it so it was too tight to move gears.

These came in mail today. Tomy Harvey. Freddie coaches and breakdown train for Mavis. I now have every single Tomy thomas and friends with it carriages except special editions ones which is chocolate Percy and Diesel Freight cargo one. I have spear Diesel so only need carraiges.

[Image: 20190912-165042.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 10:36 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Finno
Glad you got the road turntable working Drew.

Quite the collection with every Tomy Thomas & Friends characters Drew.
My Chocolate percy arrived. It was in great condition like it was never used. Exciting as it was last one i needed.
[Image: 20191025-105717.jpg][Image: 20191025-105749.jpg]

6 motorised vehicles came in today. First motorised vehicles i owned apart from thomas friends ones. Discovered they used N battery. Had to research as no shop had it then found that it has other 2 names. LR1 or E90 which shop have it.

[Image: 20191029-193358.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like drew5195's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Wow, Percy is in great condition, does he run well too? Was it a BPT Member here that helped you in acquiring him?

Tomy Motorized vehicles [Image: big-beating-heart.gif]
Yep runs well. Another listing came up soon i came on ebay to give link to other member. I saw new one show up and it was in better condition and would post to here. Asked seller to reduce price and agreed. Happy about it as it feels like new train when i opened my courier.
[-] The following 2 users Like drew5195's post:
  • chrisjo, Super