Tomy casey jones musical train

7 Replies, 7086 Views

I nabbed this gem on trademe yesterday for $13.50NZD including post. Just need to find the missing record and try to get it running, as the seller says it doesnt go. (These are the sellers pics) hopefully it will be here next week.

[Image: 1105621042.jpg]

[Image: 1105621222.jpg]

[Image: 1105621411.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno, Super
Who else thought there was a TOMY Casey Jr. set for a moment?

These engines are called Tuneyville Choo Choos. In case you've never had one or heard what they sound like before, I have a fair warning: They are incredibly shrill and annoying when activated, and chances are you'd rather not hear one ever again. Like pretty much any toy train by TOMY, they also made the inevitable Thom Tank version (though it still sounds the same and they botched the theme tune).

Nevertheless, nice purchase at a really good price.
That is so cool Sun, how big is it? I see that the disks have songs on them and looks like they have music box nibs on them, do they play music or sing? What is the title of the missing one?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(09-13-2019, 01:17 AM)Super Wrote: What is the title of the missing one?

It appears there are songs on both sides of each disk, the sides being labelled A to H. One listing I found says there are eleven songs in all, as does this commercial:

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
It is quite large. The wheels look to be the height of a Plarail train, so imagine four of those stacked on top of each other if it is.

None of the songs have vocals. The engine reads the moulded dots and dashes (a la Morse code) on the discs to produce each note. This means that someone who knows exactly how it works would be able to make custom discs to play their own tunes, though I don't see why since it sounds like a calliope with recorders instead of brass pipes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Sorry team, been away at a hobby fair and just got home.

Its fairly big, will measure when it arrives, and check my archives for the song titles. Dalag has it mostly covered though. BTW, did anyone else hear winnie the pooh as the voiceover guy on that commercial?
  • Finno, Super
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin, Super
The train just arrived and is missing the battery cover and one tyre which i wasnt aware of. Annoying but the main thing is it diplays nicely and the stickers are in great shape.

It is 20cm tall, 20cm long and roughly12.5cm across. Will be working on getting it going once i have batteries.
  • DalaGStanator, Finno