Road turntable + Terence turntable help

25 Replies, 19811 Views

I recently got Thomas and Terence Deluxe Set and one of turntable where terence get wood from. It turns when he goes out but it doesnt turn back. I had look all gear and everything, i dont see any broken or stuck gears. I moved all gears and all moves fine. No idea what stopping it turning it back. Any clue how to fix it.

Road turntable doesnt turn that well. Vehicle goes in only turn little bit then it stuck. It quiet tight to turn by hand. Any ideas how to make it move smooth?

Im not sure if this is on right thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Super
Does Terrence stop or does he just spin the rollers? Have you tried any lubrication?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
He does goes in and turn fine but the turntable doesnt turn back once he exits. Ill have to try with lubrication. Where you put that stuff on. On gears?
I see, these turn tables must have a return spring built in. Are both turntables not working or just one? If its just one then I would image they operate the same and the working one would help with what it should look like on the inside. Caution should be used if taking apart in case a spring shoots out.

(09-17-2019, 07:54 AM)drew5195 Wrote: He does goes in and turn fine but the turntable doesnt turn back once he exits. Ill have to try with lubrication. Where you put that stuff on. On gears?

do the gears make loud grinding noises?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I posted video to show what issue is.

https://youtu.be/-umFK-CysHE

Just to add. Spring and all gears that turns is all fine. Just dont know what not making it turn back after he exits
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:07 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes drew5195's post:
  • Super
I watched your video, but it cut off before I got to see what it was that I was looking for...
99% of the time ours works fine, but every once in a while it does what yours is doing.
I was concerned about it, and probably did all the same checks that you’ve already done, (man those are some BIG delicate gears inside!!) and fiddled around with some testing too. So what I wanted to see was what I had noticed, is that when the turntable doesn’t immediately return, and seems like it’s going to block Terrence, he will bump into it just hard enough to trigger its return, then he enters and goes about his business.
How does yours react to him bumping into it??

I just looked at our video, and if you look closely, what I described actually happens @1:39 in the video above!!!

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 09:08 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
He hits it then it turns little bit then it stuck so i have to manually turn it back. I tested everything. I took all gears out on turntable and put one back to see if it turns back. I found what it stopping it turning it back is these oranges that Terence wheels goes on. There no cracks or anything on these orange thing that can cause it to stop turning.
[-] The following 2 users Like drew5195's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Well the turntable is also connected to the gears that move Cranky too...have you looked to see if he or his resetting mechanism might be what’s hanging it up?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Might the rollers on the turntable that the wheels spin on actually like, wind (tighten) a spring while turning and release when Terrence moves off so it springs back? Could the wheels sort of slip on the roller so the spring isn't wound the right amount of times to spring back? Maybe clean Terence's drive rubber wheels (the rubber should be removable) and the rollers with a cotton swab and a little rubbing alcohol so the traction is better. Also, are the rear tires bald which can happen with a lot of use? Just thinking out loud.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins