Engineer Bob's Videos

29 Replies, 17501 Views

2 banquet tables wide and 2 long so 5 feet by 16 feet. I still haven't purchased much other than those initial yard sale finds and a few facebook marketplace deals so hopefully I've got enough stuff to cover the area.
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
That is going to be a big one....get more stuff Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Engineer Bob
Wow, that’s a pretty big layout area! There’s a side of me that wishes I had that much room to work with and another side that’s glad I don’t!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Engineer Bob, Super
Got a little more done today. Still have scenery to do but the track is 90% finished. It was hard to look at those four empty tables and even know where to start! I was inspired by the Plarail DVD's. I love the color and all of the motion of multiple trains, so I knew I wanted small intertwining tracks rather than one big long line. I was able to find fabric that almost matched the stuff they use on the Plarail DVD's. It was stained so I got it at a good price. The stains are brown so it just looks like dirt showing through the grass. Here's a quick teaser...

https://www.facebook.com/robert.brody.12...7685435418
[-] The following 3 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
That is looking fantastic Bob. I can't wait to see how all the children and their parents react to something new and different at the Xmas display. Thanks for the update.
Here's another update on the layout. It's coming along nicely. Since it's my first time making a big display with Plarail I'm already learning thing I want to change for next time, but definitely fun.

[Image: 20191201-093531.jpg]

[Image: 20191201-093522.jpg]

[Image: 20191125-090756.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
I like the body of water you made. Is that dark blue vinyl?
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
Bob, that looks awesome...almost like you have had years of experience building Layouts. Anxious to see the final setup in action but if you are like most of us you will be tweeking and fiddling with it until it becomes time to take it down.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
So true, I will be tinkering with it all the way until it comes down. I know i sonds a bit silly but i was so excited the other day when a package arrive that I ordered on Amazon. It was that little side station that has a bell in it that goes off when the cars rollover it. It was fun because other than a set of track adapter pieces that I bought, this was my first 'new' item purchase. Sometimes the smallest things amuse me.

The water is a piece of fabric that I got at Hobby Lobby. It looks much better in person than how it comes out in the photos. The funny thing is, the only way I can describe it is that it looks like the kind of fabric you would use to make a Wonder Woman costume. Very unique and came in several colors.
[-] The following 5 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
(12-02-2019, 01:21 PM)Engineer Bob Wrote: The water is a piece of fabric that I got at Hobby Lobby. It looks much better in person than how it comes out in the photos. The funny thing is, the only way I can describe it is that it looks like the kind of fabric you would use to make a Wonder Woman costume. Very unique and came in several colors.

That helps a lot! Fortunately (I guess), I used to work at my local Hobby Lobby, so I know my way around the store pretty well and I could probably find the fabric if they still have it. Modeling water for Plarail layouts has proven to be daunting for me.
[-] The following 4 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Engineer Bob, MuddyPoppins, Super