James’ wooden railway collection

4 Replies, 7151 Views

Hello all so besides getting back into Tomy I am also a massive fan of the Thomas Wooden railway line (perhaps slightly more than Tomy if that doesn’t offend any of the mods LOL). I have been collecting these since I was very young and thankfully 99% of them are still here after all these years unlike my unfortunate Tomy trains that got sold. Anywho here is my Thomas Wooden railway collection as of the past few weeks. What you see here is probably 15 or more years worth of collecting and i still have a long way to go! There’s even a thomas wood item..as much as i can’t stand that line there are a few worth picking up i will admit. anyways, enjoy Smile

[Image: 294-B0-A1-E-C81-A-4-EC4-AB57-89553713227-C.jpg]

[Image: 29-E0769-E-51-B1-45-C9-BBC7-DC014-EEBFFB6.jpg]

[Image: D72-CDA94-FEF0-4-A56-B042-3-B98-F4040-B72.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRedEngine's post:
  • Super
That is quite the collection T-Red, thanks for sharing. So some of them are 15 or more years old? Which one do you remember having first?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TheRedEngine
thanks, the first two trains i have the earliest memories of would be the Sad-faced Henry in the front row and the Gordon in the front all the way on the right. My mom got those and some track from a lady she worked with when I was very young. Those are definitely older than 15 years but I didn’t quite have a collector mindset yet!
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 12:35 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRedEngine's post:
  • Super
you have a very impressive collection.  Sadly I sold majority of the wooden train collection (brain fart) and use the money to buy tomy related products instead.  You will be surprise how hot the wooden train market is.  

I had 10 offers on craig's list when I put them up for sale.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • TheRedEngine
Thanks. Yes unfortunately the market for the wooden trains is very bloated, especially since they discontinued the line a little over a year ago. If you put them at reasonable prices they probably flew off of eBay.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2019, 12:34 AM by Super.)