DE-15 2558

11 Replies, 8171 Views

Wouldn't this be a great Plarail release? Bring back the DE-15's Plarail!

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Nigels, Off The Rails
Yes, not only would it be a great to see the return of a classic Plarail diesel, but this thing is practically begging to be made as a Plarail train! It’s already the classic powered locomotive and two car configuration. I don’t think there would even be any need to alter the existing DE-10 molds since the DE-15 is in the same family.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I also found it interesting that the one coach looks to be open air.
Would be a great Plarail release. The Okuizumo Orochi train takes its name from the legend in which a young man slew the eight-headed serpent Yamata-no-Orochi in exchange for marrying the young woman he saved from the giant snake. (By a strange co-incidence the exact same thing happened to me just the other day.)

And there's a Christmas Special set in it:

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Off The Rails, Super
Very cool looking. I don't think I have ever seen a train snow plow both front and back of an engine.

(11-17-2019, 03:30 PM)chrisjo Wrote: young man slayed the eight-headed serpent Yamata-no-Orochi in exchange for marrying the young woman he saved from the giant snake. (By a strange co-incidence the exact same thing happened to me just the other day.)

You married a young woman the other day?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
(11-17-2019, 08:07 PM)Super Wrote: You married a young woman the other day?
Not as far as I can remember. It was the incident with the giant 8-headed serpent that sticks in the mind. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Hahaha.... I hate when that happens, Chris! I defeat a giant, menacing creature and my “reward” is to get married to the distressed damsel for the rest of my life? Geez, isn’t one “damsel” enough? Big Grin

Funny to see that the DE-15 still has to return to its primary duty as a snowplow train when the weather is snowy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Come on Takara Tomy, you know you want to!!! 

There's now a choice of DD51 1161 or DE15 2558. Obviously both would be best.

[Image: 71377163.jpg]
[Image: Okuizumo_Orochi_kisuki_sta_20170915.jpg]

http://www.uraken.net/railstation/ressha...izumo.html

"The Okuizumo Orochi special train is a two-car special sightseeing train that operates between Kisuki and Bingo-Ochiai on the JR Kisuki Line. The train cars are painted blue and white, with a scattered star pattern across them. It has no glass in the windows, or partitions, and the invigorating breeze passing through the wide-open windows is incredibly exhilarating. The train runs through Okuizumo’s beautiful mountainous region, and is very popular particularly when fresh foliage is appearing and during the autumn foliage period, when the views are especially amazing. The special train slows down in the vicinity of the Okuizumo Orochi Loop, which is at the final stage of its course, allowing passengers to enjoy the spectacular scenery to the fullest. The distinct train cars, the retro station building, and the switchbacks are among the reasons why the Okuizumo Orochi special train car is hugely popular among railway enthusiasts as well."
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
What do you mean by "There's now a choice"? Is there a Poll somewhere to choose which one they make? To my knowledge (or I just don't remember) there ever being a release of a Plarail DE15 before. It does look like the DE15 is exactly like the DE10 I winder what if there is any difference and why the different designation?

I would be first in line for this if Plarail did come out with one (Not the ES Series)😒. Not only that beautiful Diesel engine but I would love to see a new style of Coach and especially one like that open air observation car in the rear. Love the livery of this and because the real one is a 3 unit it would be perfect for a Plarail release.

Thanks for the info Dr Chris 👍😃👀
(11-17-2022, 03:52 PM)Super Wrote: What do you mean by "There's now a choice"? 
It does look like the DE15 is exactly like the DE10....why the different designation?

I meant that the blue & white Okuizumo Orochi tourist train now has a choice of two different engines hauling it, so Tomy could choose to model either, or both.

The DE15 locos were variants of the DE10, built with up-rated power units and detachable two-axle snowplough units at either end, as per the pics in the 4th post in this thread.

Some of them have subsequently been de-commissioned from snowplough duties and re-numbered as DE10's.

[Image: JNR_DE15_1535_20100203.jpg]
  • generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super