Identifying this different Plarail Thomas

7 Replies, 14879 Views

A few years ago this image was uploaded to the Thomas TrackMaster Wikia.

[Image: LJMIaxF.jpg]

I have no clue as to what it exactly is, and doing a Google Image search with it didn't help, nor can I contact the uploader as he is not a regular contributor. I know that it is something different from the normal Plarail Thomas range as the trains have only been made in three-car combinations. It looks like it is purposely designed to look like a normal Thomas but isn't spot on as it's meant to do a different function, and you can see that the bunker/end cab/rear is removed for a purpose, but there's something that I can't make out on it but I think I have just realised that it is a pack of candy as it is normal for toys in Japan to include candy. You can also see the Yujin logo which is a subsidiary which mostly does Gachapon capsule vending machines and promotions. So, does anyone think on here that they can help me?
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014, 01:54 PM by jdogman.)
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
looks like you have answered your own question as it is a Thomas candy dispenser, made by Yujin.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • Super, TOMY_FAN, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Candy Dispenser I think ,but a interesting item.
Thank you, can't believe I didn't work it out sooner Rolleyes Do we know its full name for it? All I can make out is "something Go". Tongue That's a pretty interesting, I wonder if there were much more like it, although I know that there is already regular Plarail accessories, household items, and T-shirts, just not much Thomas.
(07-15-2014, 01:52 PM)jdogman Wrote: A few years ago this image was uploaded to the Thomas TrackMaster Wikia.

[Image: LJMIaxF.jpg]

I have no clue as to what it exactly is, and doing a Google Image search with it didn't help, nor can I contact the uploader as he is not a regular contributor. I know that it is something different from the normal Plarail Thomas range as the trains have only been made in three-car combinations. It looks like it is purposely designed to look like a normal Thomas but isn't spot on as it's meant to do a different function, and you can see that the bunker/end cab/rear is removed for a purpose, but there's something that I can't make out on it but I think I have just realised that it is a pack of candy as it is normal for toys in Japan to include candy. You can also see the Yujin logo which is a subsidiary which mostly does Gachapon capsule vending machines and promotions. So, does anyone think on here that they can help me?
Has anyone ever seen this for sale??
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(11-06-2015, 05:09 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Has anyone ever seen this for sale??

No, despite all my ebay (that "dreaded site") searches.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Really haven't noticed or looked but if I do see one I will let you know. Are they small or are a pull and go?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
It's a spring-loaded (pull and go) toy that carries lollies/candy. If you look closely, the white tablets are Ramune (Japanese lemonade) candy.

It is compatible on Plarail tracks.

I hope this helps! Smile

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super