Hot Wheels (for a change)

13 Replies, 8915 Views

Hi Super,

Seeing as you expressed a liking for Corvette Stingrays I thought you might like to see this one I recently got, a 'Greenwood' variant;

[Image: IMG-20191231-085054.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191231-085121.jpg]

One reason I got this model was to act as a proxy for my Hot Wheels id Corvette, so here she is with the NFC chip added;

[Image: IMG-20200101-230828.jpg]

Other recent additions have been a 5 pack of 'Matchbox' (as opposed to Hot Wheels) cars, I don't generally buy these as they aren't as 'flash' as Hot Wheels, but I got this pack primarily for the VW van, but it also has some other nice models in here (Matchbox tend to concentrate more on 'real world' vehicles and less 'fantasy' types);

[Image: IMG-20191230-143359.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191230-143416.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191230-143445.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191230-143511.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20191230-143543.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Nigels, I find I’m liking some of the Matchbox stuff I’m seeing at the moment. I love old school American hot rods but I saw some Matchbox work trucks on my last shopping trip that I thought would work well on my next layout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I like all the text graphics on those.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(01-02-2020, 01:26 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: Nigels, I find I’m liking some of the Matchbox stuff I’m seeing at the moment. I love old school American hot rods but I saw some Matchbox work trucks on my last shopping trip that I thought would work well on my next layout.

I totally agree, as 'furniture' on a train layout the Matchbox cars are ideal and about the right scale for either HO/OO or Tomy trains.  They are also quite reasonably priced from what I'm seeing out there and as I mentioned tend to carry more 'real world' vehicles or service vehicles than you get in the Hot Wheels range.  Although I have to admit to liking the HW range for exactly what you mention, hot rods, muscle cars etc...  especially the ones with flames and other great graphics on them Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin