Cassia Crane???

9 Replies, 6677 Views

I don't think I have heard of a character, Cassia Crane before...is it a she and is she new?

[Image: m.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Cassie is a one off character.  She appeared 2 episodes in season 23 (2018)
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Cassia is a rolling portal crane in who works at Guanabara Bay in Brazil. She is good friends with Gabriela.

Cassia is a strong and steady crane, who moves cargo carefully from ships onto the trucks of waiting trains (albeit not without the occasional scrape). She enjoys working to a musical rhythm, such as the Batucada and Bossa nova tunes of Brazil. When there is no music, she will find her own from sounds all around the docks!

Cassia is based on a Chinese portal crane built by Krane, which is extensively used to load and unload at ports and material handling at shipyards and metallurgy industry. Carly is another member of this class.

First named appearance May 2019 (series 23 episode 4).

[Image: image.png]

(All shamelessly lifted from the TTTE Wiki).
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Hmmm and future love interest of Cranky? Big Grin
That moment when Carly never had any merchandise, yet one of her recolours suddenly gets a physical item. Strange Mattel logic...

I'd expect too many of these will be repainted to resemble Carly since she came first and is on Sodor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
To clarify the above:

In Big World! Big Adventures! 2018, (in which she is not named), Cassia is painted dark orange with yellow hazard stripes along the underside of her body. Her cab roof is blue, as are her safety rails and access steps.
As of the twenty-third TV series, 2019, she has been repainted. She is now a slightly brighter shade of orange and her cab roof is orange instead of blue, though the yellow hazard stripes underneath her body remain, as do the blue safety railings and access steps.
Neither of them are much like the lurid shiny red of the merchandise.

Trouble brewing down at the docks..............? 
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2020, 11:43 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Woe...Cassia, Carly...I am hearing all kinds of new characters...new to me.

I see that Carly and Cassia are roller cranes....who is this crane?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
He wasn't named either, but the mobile game Thomas & Friends Adventures calls him Kobe (the only time he was ever referred to by name). He is an "African" recolour of Big Mickey at Dar es Salaam Docks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Thanks Da-lag
(06-05-2020, 11:25 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
To clarify the above:

In Big World! Big Adventures! 2018, (in which she is not named), Cassia is painted dark orange with yellow hazard stripes along the underside of her body. Her cab roof is blue, as are her safety rails and access steps.

As of the twenty-third TV series, 2019, she has been repainted. She is now a slightly brighter shade of orange and her cab roof is orange instead of blue, though the yellow hazard stripes underneath her body remain, as do the blue safety railings and access steps.
Neither of them are much like the lurid shiny red of the merchandise.

Trouble brewing down at the docks..............? 

I am not surprise.  A couple years ago, Jerome was made available in the form of trackmaster while his twin sister Judy wasn't available.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020, 12:49 AM by Super.)