The Plarail Museum

11 Replies, 9544 Views

I certainly would like visiting the Plarail Museum.

Has anyone heard, know any information on or have any more pictures or videos for the below train shown at the museum? I don't think I have ever seen it before.

At the 1:02 minute mark.

[Image: nhu.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
That looks to be a "Metal Pocket" train.
You can see it in the 1995 -1996 catalog here at 1:50 along with several others:
[-] The following 2 users Like brtrainz's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Many Thanks BRT

Hmmm...not motorized I am guessing yet they are the same track gauge (wheelbase) as blue Tomy track. Might they be pull and go...I wonder. Plus if they are called 'Metal Pockets' are they die-cast or tin-plate...I wonder. With all the smooth, rounded edges and details, my guess would be to eliminate tin-plate.

[Image: verf.jpg]
Wait, I thought Muddy was busy working on the US version of the Plarail museum! Big Grin Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Engineer Bob, MuddyPoppins, Super
LOL...ain't that the truth  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
Museum of Plarail (Japanese)
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~akeda/DOLL/purarail.html

i have been trying to get this information here for years.

i hope i did it right.

let me know

if i did it right..
and i hope i did.

this information needs to be here. it is important!

not to me... not to you...
but to everyone!

everyone here. how do i say this without being rude?

if someone can translate? if someone can categorize... if someone can document and continue the path that was set down before us. before any of us. before this website ever existed!
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2019, 02:27 AM by Super.)
Yes, that's a very useful site, to which I often refer. It's very unfortunate that the links to bigger images of the earlier catalogues no longer work. I've spent a long time trying to find them elsewhere on the web, but no luck so far.
not quite sure i understand.

all the catalogs are there. from the beginning. from the very first one up until the 1990's. i believe.

that's circa 1950 something?

here is the "kick in the mouth".

biglobe.... = bi-global!

they were trying to reach out to us. not in the present. but in the future...

we are not the first! we just happen to be next.

of course there is the next generation.
which happens to be already here and well established.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2019, 04:12 AM by Super.)
(12-08-2019, 03:25 AM)trevor369 Wrote: not quite sure i understand, all the catalogs are there. from the beginning. from the very first one up until the 1990's. i believe.

From the home page (your link above), select the second option down on the right-hand side, this one:    [Image: image.png]

This takes you to the catalog pages.

Above each of the catalog images on the first page you will see a magnifying glass symbol, and the text "←このボタンをクリックすると、全ページを拡大表示します". Translated into English, this reads "← Click this button to enlarge all pages ". Clicking on the buttons takes you to web addresses that no longer exist. This what I was referring to when I said "It's very unfortunate that the links to bigger images of the earlier catalogues no longer work."
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I agree...all the pictures are Thumbnails only and get pretty grainy when trying to enlarge them. Its a shame but still a great research site once you get the hang of it.