Something for the Future World Collection

10 Replies, 7748 Views

Here is something that just arrived for the Future World Collection / Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Tomica Division Its pretty kewl.

[Image: DSCN3926.jpg] [Image: DSCN3927.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Nigels, Off The Rails
Hmmm, nice, I didn't know you were doing Hot Wheels as well? Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
what are those black thingy sticking out in front of the wing?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
That’s pretty darn cool!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
(12-11-2019, 11:46 PM)Nigels Wrote: Hmmm, nice, I didn't know you were doing Hot Wheels as well? Smile

Well I wouldn't consider myself as a 'Collector'...more of a 'Gatherer' LOL. I do have over 200 with most of them being Tomica. I am pretty much attracted to the unusual, rare or branded vehicles. I have Tomica Storage Cases full. Each drawer holds 10 t0 12 vehicles, even more if on their side, and I also have 2 of these neat wooden showcases one of which (the upstairs one) I had to take down because my 2 young Granddaughters couldn't keep their hands off of. What I especially like about these wooden display cases is they have a sliding, clear, poly-carbonate cover so the shelves and vehicles don't get dusty.

[Image: DSCN3937.jpg]   [Image: DSCN3939.jpg]

(12-12-2019, 01:52 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: what are those black thingy sticking out in front of the wing?

Those black levers activate an action on the Plane. While looking for this video I came across the same Tomica Plane but in the Cars 2 movie theme which I didn't know about. Wish I would have known before purchasing this one but, this one is fine for the Future World Collection Division of Tomica/Hot Wheel/Matchbox.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
This plane is awesome. I like the ANA livery myself (All Nippon Airways).
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
You wouldn't read about it but I just today stumbled across another variant in Tomica Airlines livery. This one in Toys R Us in Singapore.

[Image: Tomica-Airlines.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Finno's post:
  • chrisjo, Off The Rails, Super
There do seem to be many variations of this plane.
one thing tomy appears to have always been good at is many variations of the same thing.

i recently picked up a wind up cassette tape player from the 80s/90s. there are two variations in case color, and i think i worked out at least 12 variations of button color arrangement. and each button has the function moulded into it, so its not a case of the workers just chucking a color anywhere they liked, it was done specifically.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno, Super
And its fun trying to research all the variations of a particular toy too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno