Yesterday 09:13 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 1395
MrMotorMan
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 5510
Scratchbuilding 4mm Scale Thomas the Tan...
Last Post: TrainMan2001
Yesterday 07:39 AM
» Replies: 72
» Views: 15517
Online Selling Shockers
Last Post: DalaGStanator
09-23-2020 06:54 PM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 3865
Separate Sale Metallic Clarabel
09-23-2020 01:15 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 83
Not Sure If...
09-22-2020 09:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 75
tomy computer, thanks to nigels!
Last Post: sunhuntin
09-20-2020 06:31 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 201

OMG! 60th Anniversary Book
[Image: omg-letters.gif]

OMG...this 60th Anniversary Plarail Book is the most Awesome item in our collection now.
The book is fantastic and I have only been able to browse through half of the 224 pages.
The book is big 8.75" x 9" and about 1" thick.
Its a semi hard cover, with pages that are thicker than paper.
Stuffed with all the answers that took me a long time to search the Internet for

I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.
Don't worry if you can't read Japanese as most of every item shows the number and year of release in English. It would be nice to know what is said but isn't necessary, at least for me.
I recommend this for any fan of the Plarail Line.
A side note...there is no mention of any of the Thomas and Friends trains so if thats what you are looking for this is not for you.

[Image: DSCN4066.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Super's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Off The Rails, chrisjo, Finno, brtrainz, Jaytrain1, Vio
Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies
[Image: 495x700.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like rekp's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Finno
(12-21-2019, 06:58 PM)rekp Wrote: Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies

That one was published in April 2017.
ISBN-13: 978-4056111880

Description from Amazon Japan: "There are plenty of pages that can be enjoyed by children and adults, including Plarail Thomas' secrets and characters, Plarail Thomas History, a complete guide to Plarail Thomas Sets, the latest Plarail Expo information, and more! "

(12-21-2019, 10:16 AM)Super Wrote: I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.

You're welcome! consider it an early Xmas present from me. I've been aware of its existence for a while, but I've never been able to find out what's in it. Now with a sneak-peak at Finno's edition, plus your enthusiastic endorsement, I've just ordered one myself. I'll probably have to pay tax and fees Angry , and it'll still be worth it.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Finno
(12-21-2019, 10:54 PM)chrisjo Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 06:58 PM)rekp Wrote: Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies

That one was published in April 2017.
ISBN-13: 978-4056111880

Description from Amazon Japan: "There are plenty of pages that can be enjoyed by children and adults, including Plarail Thomas' secrets and characters, Plarail Thomas History, a complete guide to Plarail Thomas Sets, the latest Plarail Expo information, and more! "

No import fees and available in the UK https://www.tootallythomas.co.uk/ourshop...arail.html

(12-21-2019, 10:16 AM)Super Wrote: I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.
You're welcome! consider it an early Xmas present from me.  I've been aware of its existence for a while, but I've never been able to find out what's in it. Now with a sneak-peak at Finno's edition, plus your enthusiastic endorsement, I've just ordered one myself. I'll probably have to pay tax and fees Angry , and it'll still be worth it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Super
Thanks Rekp

Now it makes sense to me why Thomas was not part of the Plarail book I got, The anniversary's don't match. If that one did come out in 2017, like Chrisjo says, then it will only be a few years for Plarails Thomas's 30th Anniversary book to come out.

@Chrisjo

Anxious to hear what you think of the book Dr Chris as I am still beaming and savoring every page I turn. Still haven't finished browsing as I want to make it last
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(12-21-2019, 10:16 AM)Super Wrote:
I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.

So glad you enjoy it as much as I was wrapped to find the 55th edition. I knew when I found mine that it was an awesome reference of information and pictures but now I'm wondering just exactly what's in the 60th edition that I'm missing! LOL     Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
I assume the book also comes with description of every building or sets Tomy released as well.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Indeed it does Leyland. Old sets, new sets and everything in between. For Example:

[Image: DSCN4073.jpg]   [Image: DSCN4077.jpg]

@Finno
There is 224 pages in this book so I am guessing that there is about 40 more pages than the 55 year book. Not sure what is in the additional pages. Could it be that the 5 year differnce would have 40 pages worth?
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, brtrainz
(12-21-2019, 11:31 PM)Super Wrote: Anxious to hear what you think of the book Dr Chris as I am still beaming and savoring every page I turn. Still haven't finished browsing as I want to make it last
Hooray!  Arrived a few minutes ago...............Christmas came a few days late this year!

[Image: image.png]
  • Finno, Super
What do you think Dr Chris?
(12-31-2019, 02:33 AM)Super Wrote: What do you think Dr Chris?
So much going on here at BPT and at my other home with Xmas/New Year, I've barely had time to look at it and form an complete impression, but I've certainly enjoyed flicking back-and-forth in a random sort of way.  I haven't really worked out exactly what it's trying to achieve yet, - it's very comprehensive, but not complete, and there's a lot of duplication.

The yellow section at the back shows new releases year by year, but the exact same pictures are also used in the sections dealing with different categories of trains, for example in the very first (red) section, Shinkansen.

Example: let's look at the Series 300 Nozomi, coverage of this is almost complete but not quite. In the yellow section we see each variant appearing by year, while in the red section they're just anywhere, thus:

p.164 (& p.23), 1992, the original white-roof 2-speed Nozomi (2スピードのぞみ)
p.165 (& p.23), 1993, Doll Play Nozomi (人形あそびのぞみ号)
p.167 (& p.18), 1996, Voice Control Nozomi (音声指令のぞみ号) - actually released October 1995 but the 1996 catalogue was the first to show it
p.174, 2001, the unique transitional 2-car First Try Set (300系新幹線ファーストトライセットしろ)
p.174 (& p.23), 2002, the revised grey-roof 300 srs Shinkansen (300系新幹線)
p.208 (& p.24), 2012, Goodbye 300 srs Shinkansen (さよなら300系新幹線)
p.223 (& p.23), 2019, Srs 300 & N700A Nozomi double set with lights (ライト付 パパとぼくの300系&N700typeAのぞみダブルセット)

then we need to go back to the dark green section to find two more variants:
p.127, 1999, Infrared Control Nozomi GO! set (赤外線コントロール未来のぞみGO!)
p.127, '1993', Radio Control Nozomi set (R/C プラレール のぞみ号セット). There's a misprint here, it says 1993 but it should be 1998.

BUT there's no trace of the unique 4-car 300 srs Nozomi that came in the 1996 Nozomi 4-car Formation Loop Set (のぞみ号4両編成ループセット)

I guess I was hoping for a chronological layout more like that used in the 1997 Plarail Encyclopedia, which you can see at Sunhuntin's website (as 'TAKARA CATALOGUE BOOK'), the 300 series is pages 20-23. This gives precise release dates and also the dates when manufacture ceased. Mind you there's a lot of padding in that that I wouldn't want!

The monorail section doesn't show the Shonan 5000 series Red Line, nor does it appear in the pages for 2014 where it should be.

You won't find any Plarail Day / Plarail Expo specials, competition prizes, and so on, but there are at least some limited edition items, such as the 2011 Plarail Shop Blue Stream (プルーストリーム).

So, a few gripes, but am I glad I got it? YES!  Could I do without it? NO!!!
  • Finno, Super
I love that I have this book at my finger tips (next to my computer) so I don't search all over the Internet to find some information. A wish would be to, at least, have the Table of Contents translated so I can go directly to a page of a train I was looking for. The book is also great to add to the Future World Collection so my heirs will have a pictured reference for all this stuff especially if they would like to sell some so they can see how old they are.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, Finno
(01-02-2020, 02:22 PM)Super Wrote: A wish would be to, at least, have the Table of Contents translated ....

Something like this perhaps?:
[Image: image.png]
I suspect that what you (I) really want is an index. That may take a little longer!
  • Finno, AOF04
OMG...that is fantastic Dr Chris, Perfect, just what I wished for....Are you really Santa Clause?

I printed out one to keep at the beginning of the book and one folded to use as a book mark. I can't thank you enough for making my wish come true...are you really my Fairy Godmother er...Godfather

Did you make this yourself? Its all I really need as an Index would be too much work. Are you really a Genie in a bottle?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
(01-04-2020, 01:55 PM)Super Wrote: Are you really Santa Clause?
Yeah, Santa Clause, the patron saint of Grammar, that's me.

(If anyone wants it in .doc or .pdf format, PM me.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super