OMG! 60th Anniversary Book

17 Replies, 13701 Views

[Image: omg-letters.gif]

OMG...this 60th Anniversary Plarail Book is the most Awesome item in our collection now.
The book is fantastic and I have only been able to browse through half of the 224 pages.
The book is big 8.75" x 9" and about 1" thick.
Its a semi hard cover, with pages that are thicker than paper.
Stuffed with all the answers that took me a long time to search the Internet for

I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.
Don't worry if you can't read Japanese as most of every item shows the number and year of release in English. It would be nice to know what is said but isn't necessary, at least for me.
I recommend this for any fan of the Plarail Line.
A side note...there is no mention of any of the Thomas and Friends trains so if thats what you are looking for this is not for you.

[Image: DSCN4066.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Super's post:
  • brtrainz, chrisjo, Finno, Jaytrain1, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, violater
Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies
[Image: 495x700.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like rekp's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, Super
(12-21-2019, 07:58 AM)rekp Wrote: Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies

That one was published in April 2017.
ISBN-13: 978-4056111880

Description from Amazon Japan: "There are plenty of pages that can be enjoyed by children and adults, including Plarail Thomas' secrets and characters, Plarail Thomas History, a complete guide to Plarail Thomas Sets, the latest Plarail Expo information, and more! "

(12-20-2019, 11:16 PM)Super Wrote: I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.

You're welcome! consider it an early Xmas present from me. I've been aware of its existence for a while, but I've never been able to find out what's in it. Now with a sneak-peak at Finno's edition, plus your enthusiastic endorsement, I've just ordered one myself. I'll probably have to pay tax and fees Angry , and it'll still be worth it.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2019, 12:23 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
(12-21-2019, 11:54 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 07:58 AM)rekp Wrote: Thomas 25th Anniversary book already released with lots of goodies

That one was published in April 2017.
ISBN-13: 978-4056111880

Description from Amazon Japan: "There are plenty of pages that can be enjoyed by children and adults, including Plarail Thomas' secrets and characters, Plarail Thomas History, a complete guide to Plarail Thomas Sets, the latest Plarail Expo information, and more! "

No import fees and available in the UK https://www.tootallythomas.co.uk/ourshop...arail.html

(12-20-2019, 11:16 PM)Super Wrote: I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.
You're welcome! consider it an early Xmas present from me.  I've been aware of its existence for a while, but I've never been able to find out what's in it. Now with a sneak-peak at Finno's edition, plus your enthusiastic endorsement, I've just ordered one myself. I'll probably have to pay tax and fees Angry , and it'll still be worth it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rekp's post:
  • Super
Thanks Rekp

Now it makes sense to me why Thomas was not part of the Plarail book I got, The anniversary's don't match. If that one did come out in 2017, like Chrisjo says, then it will only be a few years for Plarails Thomas's 30th Anniversary book to come out.

@Chrisjo

Anxious to hear what you think of the book Dr Chris as I am still beaming and savoring every page I turn. Still haven't finished browsing as I want to make it last
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
(12-20-2019, 11:16 PM)Super Wrote:
I am flabbergasted and owe this all to Finno and Chrisjo as if it weren't for them I would have never known about this gem.

So glad you enjoy it as much as I was wrapped to find the 55th edition. I knew when I found mine that it was an awesome reference of information and pictures but now I'm wondering just exactly what's in the 60th edition that I'm missing! LOL     Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
I assume the book also comes with description of every building or sets Tomy released as well.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Indeed it does Leyland. Old sets, new sets and everything in between. For Example:

[Image: DSCN4073.jpg]   [Image: DSCN4077.jpg]

@Finno
There is 224 pages in this book so I am guessing that there is about 40 more pages than the 55 year book. Not sure what is in the additional pages. Could it be that the 5 year differnce would have 40 pages worth?
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • brtrainz, chrisjo, Finno
(12-21-2019, 12:31 PM)Super Wrote: Anxious to hear what you think of the book Dr Chris as I am still beaming and savoring every page I turn. Still haven't finished browsing as I want to make it last
Hooray!  Arrived a few minutes ago...............Christmas came a few days late this year!

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
What do you think Dr Chris?