OMG! 60th Anniversary Book

17 Replies, 13686 Views

(12-30-2019, 03:33 PM)Super Wrote: What do you think Dr Chris?
So much going on here at BPT and at my other home with Xmas/New Year, I've barely had time to look at it and form an complete impression, but I've certainly enjoyed flicking back-and-forth in a random sort of way.  I haven't really worked out exactly what it's trying to achieve yet, - it's very comprehensive, but not complete, and there's a lot of duplication.

The yellow section at the back shows new releases year by year, but the exact same pictures are also used in the sections dealing with different categories of trains, for example in the very first (red) section, Shinkansen.

Example: let's look at the Series 300 Nozomi, coverage of this is almost complete but not quite. In the yellow section we see each variant appearing by year, while in the red section they're just anywhere, thus:

p.164 (& p.23), 1992, the original white-roof 2-speed Nozomi (2スピードのぞみ)
p.165 (& p.23), 1993, Doll Play Nozomi (人形あそびのぞみ号)
p.167 (& p.18), 1996, Voice Control Nozomi (音声指令のぞみ号) - actually released October 1995 but the 1996 catalogue was the first to show it
p.174, 2001, the unique transitional 2-car First Try Set (300系新幹線ファーストトライセットしろ)
p.174 (& p.23), 2002, the revised grey-roof 300 srs Shinkansen (300系新幹線)
p.208 (& p.24), 2012, Goodbye 300 srs Shinkansen (さよなら300系新幹線)
p.223 (& p.23), 2019, Srs 300 & N700A Nozomi double set with lights (ライト付 パパとぼくの300系&N700typeAのぞみダブルセット)

then we need to go back to the dark green section to find two more variants:
p.127, 1999, Infrared Control Nozomi GO! set (赤外線コントロール未来のぞみGO!)
p.127, '1993', Radio Control Nozomi set (R/C プラレール のぞみ号セット). There's a misprint here, it says 1993 but it should be 1998.

BUT there's no trace of the unique 4-car 300 srs Nozomi that came in the 1996 Nozomi 4-car Formation Loop Set (のぞみ号4両編成ループセット)

I guess I was hoping for a chronological layout more like that used in the 1997 Plarail Encyclopedia, which you can see at Sunhuntin's website (as 'TAKARA CATALOGUE BOOK'), the 300 series is pages 20-23. This gives precise release dates and also the dates when manufacture ceased. Mind you there's a lot of padding in that that I wouldn't want!

The monorail section doesn't show the Shonan 5000 series Red Line, nor does it appear in the pages for 2014 where it should be.

You won't find any Plarail Day / Plarail Expo specials, competition prizes, and so on, but there are at least some limited edition items, such as the 2011 Plarail Shop Blue Stream (プルーストリーム).

So, a few gripes, but am I glad I got it? YES!  Could I do without it? NO!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
I love that I have this book at my finger tips (next to my computer) so I don't search all over the Internet to find some information. A wish would be to, at least, have the Table of Contents translated so I can go directly to a page of a train I was looking for. The book is also great to add to the Future World Collection so my heirs will have a pictured reference for all this stuff especially if they would like to sell some so they can see how old they are.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
(01-02-2020, 03:22 AM)Super Wrote: A wish would be to, at least, have the Table of Contents translated ....

Something like this perhaps?:
[Image: image.png]
I suspect that what you (I) really want is an index. That may take a little longer!
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • AOF04, Finno
OMG...that is fantastic Dr Chris, Perfect, just what I wished for....Are you really Santa Clause?

I printed out one to keep at the beginning of the book and one folded to use as a book mark. I can't thank you enough for making my wish come true...are you really my Fairy Godmother er...Godfather

Did you make this yourself? Its all I really need as an Index would be too much work. Are you really a Genie in a bottle?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
(01-04-2020, 02:55 AM)Super Wrote: Are you really Santa Clause?
Yeah, Santa Clause, the patron saint of Grammar, that's me.

(If anyone wants it in .doc or .pdf format, PM me.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
You're my Gramma?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
I googled 60th Anniversary Book, and I found this one:

[Image: NEOBK-2347581.jpg?v=1]

Are there two 60th Anniversary Books?
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Interesting...

Not sure exactly if its a book or like a bag of stuff with Posters, stickers and a history of Plarails. https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4056114439/?language=en_US

Quote:Commemorative mook of "Plarail" celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2019. In this magazine, you can enjoy a diorama picture book that reproduces the real railway scene, a plarail chronology, outing spot information, work and seal play, etc.In addition, a special interview with Plarail goods and parent and child Plarail fan Reo Tsuchiya (RAG FAIR) is also posted .
In addition, original 2WAY leisure sheet, glitter seal, Plarail diorama & Shinkansen Zukan poster with 3 large appendixes.

★ Luxury 3 large appendix ★
1 Original 2WAY leisure sheet
A leisure seat where the Plarail city spreads. You can roll the toy plarail by hand and play with it. You can also play to find kid's such as "Tecchan". In addition, a convenient 2WAY specification that can be folded up and used as a BOX. Size: about 700 × 700mm

2 glitter seal
A glittering silver plarail sticker that you can play with the poster in the appendix and write your name.

3 Plarail Diorama Poster & Plarail Shinkansen Poster
The front is a Plarail diorama poster to be completed with a sticker, and the back is a Plarail Shinkansen poster with a large collection of Shinkansen Plarails. This is a special edition poster that can only be found here, as well as plastic kids.