Plarail Enoden Kamakura Station

9 Replies, 7082 Views

So the amazing Christmas elves managed to bring me a quite hard to find Enoden Station which was the perfect gift for me after my trip to Kamakura and riding the Enoshima Electric Railway.  Even the Plakid is cool (he has a pony tail). 

Here's a picture I took of Kamakura station for reference.

[Image: Kamakura-Enoden-Station.jpg]

and here's the Plarail version:

[Image: IMG-20191228-194953.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20191228-195024.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20191228-195058.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like Finno's post:
  • brtrainz, chrisjo, Mister No, Off The Rails, Super, violater
It is my favorite station. I didn't know it was modeled after a real one. Thanks for the picture. It looks new in the box. I have one but mine is heavily customized. There are also 2 other Plarail Stations (that I know of) that uses the same mold different colors. Again, one of those I have is all customized and the other is on the list for customization.

Great Xmas present, did you gift it to yourself or have a loving family member or friend gift it to you?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
That’s a great gift! I first saw one of these in Super’s videos of his old Caiden Town layout back when I was getting into the hobby and it’s been on my want list since then.

I would want an Enoden 300 tram to go with it, of course!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
(12-28-2019, 12:28 PM)Super Wrote: It looks new in the box. 

It was new in the box, you are correct. I had to put the stickers on (using the Super Knife Technique like a boss). Interesting they had a few different sticker options so you could make it one of a number of stations on the Enoshima line. Even some blank stickers you can write in your favourite station name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Wow...I am still amazed at how many new, out of print items that are still out their.

Ah...you are becoming a Master Sticker Man now. Smile
  • Finno
This is such a beautiful station, and I could use it so well in my Enoden layout, but I find out that I would probably have to sell one of my kidneys to buy it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Plarail-Enoden-...SwdKddsTA~
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
Yes it is true that I have reduced kidney function now but a beautiful station in my layout so it seems like a fair trade!  Big Grin

Seriously, I paid nowhere near that much. You need to look hard and wide and deep, but you will find one.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 03:30 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Is selling one of your Kids knees really that bad? Won't they just grow another?
I don't have any kids, and my knees are too old to match the price of this station... so no Kamakura Station building in my Kamakura Plarail Station for now, I guess.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 07:22 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
You can find them used relatively cheaper on the Auctions of Japan. Sometimes mixed in with other items in a Lot.
  • Finno