Thomas TrackMaster Wiki updates

3 Replies, 4805 Views

Just want to let people here know that the Thomas TrackMaster Wiki is currently in the process of major updates which will affect how information will be entered in years to come.

I do not normally talk a lot about the wiki because many years ago on other forums/YouTube, the few attempts to bring up something I was doing that I felt was on topic was treated by some people as spam and got deleted. I brought a bit of this up last year and learned from Super that I'm welcome to post links if necessary, as I know that many of you here browse and/or contribute to the wiki.

You'll be able to find some specific information in the Manual of Style section under the Help tab, but I'll outline a few notable changes we're making.

All of the pages will get new and more informative infoboxes. Some kinds still need to be made, but for products, they will show things like the range/s and themes they're in, required batteries, and number of pieces. There will also be sections which feature transcriptions of official product descriptions from their boxes.

We'll also improve our consistency which will involve fixing terminology and errors such as HiT Toys to HiT Toy Company and simpler image naming systems (only the staff can rename existing images).

Down the line, we'll focus on adding the actual Japanese names of Plarail products alongside the rough English translations we use, and tables with images and clearer listings replacing the rather convoluted and wordy Changes and Variations sections in engine pages.

I encourage people to please help out and contribute to the wiki if you have certain items or know something that is able to assist with the process, whether it's a little or a lot. It won't happen all at once. It would also be great to hear any feedback about the changes or anything else about the wiki.

The icing on the cake would be if anyone knows what the Plarail talking engines' phrases are translated into English!
[-] The following 7 users Like jdogman's post:
  • AOF04, chrisjo, Finno, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, sunhuntin, Super
(12-28-2019, 01:50 PM)jdogman Wrote: Just want to let people here know that the Thomas TrackMaster Wiki is currently in the process of major updates which will affect how information will be entered in years to come.
I've been watching with admiration the fantastic amount of work you've been putting in these last few months, jdogman. I will do anything I can to help.

Tip: click on the Wiki Activity icon to see what's been going on.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
We do appreciate all the time and work that you have put into the Wiki site for the benefit of all who love these trains Jdog so Post away.

That is a very interesting question Jdog and one I have not heard asked before and now makes me curious also. I have heard so many of the Talking Japanese trains but never seemed to wonder what they are saying....until now. Hopefully there will be a contributor of knowledge that understands Japanese that can translate for the Wiki.

Thank you for all you do Jdog.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(12-28-2019, 05:38 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Tip: click on the Wiki Activity icon to see what's been going on.

The Wiki Activity is my default view when visiting any wiki. I've been viewing the See all activity section more because it shows a lot of hidden things, and the insights section is very handy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Super