Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 468303 Views

I found it on eBay, Super, and I wanted it for quite some time, so i bought it. And it came to Europe in 3 days with DHL; now that was quick (and expensive, but that's another story)...
It really does look better in Suzukawa's video, doesn't it? The color is a bit washed out, true, but this train (because it's a KiHa modification) looks good with my KiHa Kitaro/Medama fleet, so I couldn't resist. I knew what I am gonna get, and I was fine with that.
But I agree with you, it's not nice to declare it's a model with plakidS, and there is only one in the box. That's deceptive. Moreover, real Aru Ressha has tables for two, so two plakids for that table in the second car would be appreciated.

My problem is this new 2-speed Plarail motor. I really hate it. First, it's a battery drainer. My Hakone Tozan Allegra drains the battery quickly and when it slows down, the train doesn't run so smoothly as it was running with the new battery.
Generally, trains with that motor don't run so smoothly (especially at speed 1) as some with other Plarail motors do. The motor on my Sweet Train is not that bad, but some of these 2-speed motors are so bad they cause the train to slip...like having a hiccups. It's probably one of the worst plarail motors ever.
Also, the switches are so stiff you can't nicely stop the train on the rails with your hand; stop rail must be used. Sometimes I just pick the train up to stop it. They really have to do something with that motor, it's a flop.

Earlier 2-speed motors - like those on Enoden 1000 - were something completely different: the trains were running smoothly (no hiccups), the switch was soft (you could easily stop the train with your hand at the station or change the speed), and even the location of the switch was much better - in the middle of the roof (or so), not at the very end of it (not practical at all!) like these new 2 speed motors. Why on earth did they replace that beautiful 2 speed motor with that crappy new one??

The new one speed motor (like that one on the Sakura Tram) is better than the new 2 speed motor, but not as good as old one speed motor (for example Seibu trains, Sotetsu 7000, Hello Kitty Keio Sanrio Purorland) which was practically noiseless (and the switch was not so stiff).
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Finno, Super
Don't get me wrong Mr-No, I think its a nice model. Its just that I am not much into the Commuter Trains but I am into trains that are different and have a different story to tell in which the Sweet train is both. Normally I wouldn't have bought this train but that Gold Plated version on display at the 2017 Christmas Toy Show is what intrigued me enough to pre-order it immediately.  The best of my recollection there was no pre-release videos or pictures to make me feel they weren't delivering on what they displayed at the show. So envisioning shinny gold plating was what let me down when I had it in my hands.

Suzukawa had another video where she rode in the real Sweet train and it was...............a real Sweet train. I mean the whole ride they were served Rich Gourmet Sweets dishes. I can imagine how sugar buzzed they were when they finally got off.

Interesting what you say about the 2 speed chassis. Is the motor chassis for the Sweet train a new/old version or the new/new version? I no longer have mine so I don't know. I haven't had any of the new/new versions that are 2 speeds to compare with but the 2 speeds new/old chassis I have had no problems with. For instance like the new/old 2 speed I swapped into my Sakura Tram.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I was talking about this two-speed-motor:

[Image: IMG-20200525-042008.jpg]

My experience: very poor.

They should keep this old (Enoden 1000) two-speed-motor:

[Image: IMG-20200525-042836.jpg]

It was waaaaaay better. It was rather quiet, the trains didn't have hiccups and run smoothly, the switch was soft and no screwdriver needed. I wish they bring it back.
  • Finno, Super
So that would be what I call the new/old motor chassis since replaced by the recent new/new chassis like the one in the Sakura Tram.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No
Well, no matter how we call it, it has at least three faults compared to old 2 speed motor: 1. hiccups (not running smoothly); 2. very stiff switch; 3. noise.

That's just my experience though. Maybe I got lemons, but I'm not satisfied with that 2 speed motors. Also, I understand that same motors could have different perfomances. For example, one of my Sakura Trams is very loud (vibrations?), the other runs quietly.
That's life.
  • Finno, Super
Catching the last rays of the Sun...

[Image: IMG-20200324-155904.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200511-184610.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200525-184153.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200525-184407.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Those long shadows gives the Layout a whole new look.
...and it lasted only for a few minutes; I'm glad I catched the moment. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Aru Ressha Red Carpet Boarding:

[Image: IMG-20200524-190355.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-190544.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-190532.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-190911.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200524-191021.jpg]