Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 462319 Views

[Image: glitter-omg-emoticon.gif]

That garden railway is Awesome Mr No. I have been browsing that site looking at all the pictures for the last hour and I still haven't seen all...so cool. A lot of planning and work went into it. I really liked the winter images... Are the rails still in the yard? Do you still have all the trains and trams?

[Image: Umntitnled.jpg]

Took me awhile looking through all the content to match up those buildings in the video but I did discover them.

[Image: Umntitled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
All the rails in the garden are nickel-plated, so they will not corrode. The system should work, I should just do extensive horticultural work, I guess. All trams and trains are carefully stored, of course.

[Image: IMG-20210904-222020.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
This is just awesome to me. Do you have any thoughts on restarting the  Zelengrad line if possible, it would make a great YouTube Video Series of the yards step by step re-invention of a once awesome Garden Train. I would like it to start with some track level pictures of the overgrowth as it looks now as it would surely look like the real abandoned train lines we see all around the world now.

Looks like some of the buildings are stored with the trains as well. Was there a train shed in the yard where they could roll in and out of the weather? Sort of like a round house or repair shed? Looks like you have tons of money wrapped up in all this as those fantastic trains demand quite the price right?

Did the original Zelengrad start out indoors as the area labeled "Before Zelengrad" looks like the picture were taken indoors but I could be wrong. Hope you don't mind all the questions as I find the 'G' Scale Garden Railway's and their owners fascinating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I don't mind the questions, Super, but I'm actually sad when I think of that neglected project of mine...
There is a little shed (and 2 sidings) built there at Jorgovanovo Station (the empty space in front of the station), but apparently I didn't take any pictures of it... Blush

[Image: Pogled%20na%20Jorgovanovo.jpg]
I tested the tracks and the trams inside, but the idea was to build an outdoor, garden railway from the start. And yes, it's perhaps the most expensive railroad modelling hobby that exist. Some railcars (with sound) costed over €1000. One joint with 2 screws for the tracks were €1.5! I could afford it when I was working, but now when I'm retired... without a lottery win, I don't think so.
If there would be plans to put the System in operation, I'll tell you, of course. But I don't think it would be anytime soon.
  • Super
To get a sense of scale to both your yard and the layout...how tall would this wall be?

[Image: Utntitlecd.jpg]

[Image: Utntitled.jpg]
  • Mister No
At the highest part (curve) it is 86 cm high.  Smile
  • Super
[Image: MEITETSU-MO-510-NASLOVNICA.jpg]

The Mino Electric Railway Semibo 510 type train (Mino Electric Railway Semibo 510 Gatadensha) is a semi-steel four-axle bogie car  manufactured by Mino Electric Railway (Mino Electric Railway) in 1926. In 1941, the model name was revised and changed from "Semibo" to "Mo", and then to Mo 510 type. After that, it was taken over by its own company, Nagoya Railroad, and was used for commercial operation until the beginning of the 21st century while undergoing repeated remodeling. The door pocket window was oval-shaped, so-called „round window“, and the train was nicknamed  „round window train“.

[Image: IMG-20210905-154854.jpg]

Initially, it was operated on the Kasamatsu line along with the BD500 type, but after Minoden was absorbed and merged with Meitetsu Railway in 1930, ​​both types were transferred to the line. After that, Meitetsu Railway and Aichi Electric Railway merged, and even after the establishment of Nagoya Railway (Meitetsu), it was operated as the main railcar of the Minomachi Line system for a long time. The current collector was initially a trolley pole, but was replaced by a bugel after the war.

[Image: IMG-20210905-161245.jpg]

By 1988 almost all Mo 510 type cars were scrapped in place of the Mo 770 type. However, the three cars  Mo 512-514 remained after that, and these three cars were properly organized and operated. In the same year, the Mo 510 received the Evergreen Award from the Japan Railfan Club, and during that period, the body painting was restored to the scarlet and white two-tone colour as at the beginning of the operation. After that, in 1997, the Mo 780 was newly manufactured, and the Mo 510 lost its regular operation, and after that, all cars were treated as spare cars.

[Image: IMG-20210905-161356.jpg]

In 2000, the Mo 512 was scrapped. Although the remaining Mo 513 and 514 were not in regular service, they were enrolled as substitute runners for inspections of other cars and as the special trains. After the model 750 was completely abolished in 2001, this model became the only non-air-conditioned car and one-man operation car on the Meitetsu 600V line.

[Image: IMG-20210905-161532.jpg]

In 2004, when the cars reached the age of 77 years, an event was held at Ichinotsubo Station and Gifu Factory to celebrate the two cars. In that year, Plarail made this beautiful model of the last cars (Mo 513 and 514). The model is made in China. It is a great one-speed C-battery train, carefully painted and full of details (rivets!).

[Image: IMG-20210905-161838.jpg] 

In later years, it became difficult to secure various parts due to the age of the railcars, so Meitetsu manufactured spare parts in-house based on the old design drawings to ensure that the cars remain in running order.

[Image: IMG-20210905-161747.jpg]

Since they were manufactured in 1926, by the year 2005 they've been in active service for almost 80 years. Due to the abandonment of the Gifu 600V line section  on March 31, both cars were removed from the register on the same day and went into history.

[Image: IMG-20210905-162517.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
So that wall is about counter top tall. A perfect height to work on the rails without bending over too much.

After looking at all the great pictures from your Garden Railway I now know where the sidewalk pieces come from in you Plarail Layout.

[Image: IMG-20210905-154854.jpg]

[Image: Undatitled.jpg]
  • Mister No
New station: Vesna's Saddle! Grand Opening Today!

I wanted a station on my Green Line, near the Fortress on the Vesna's Saddle. So I took a no-name Aliexpress Station, and cut it from the bottom on both sides, so it can sit on the side of the bridge. Now my tourists can actually visit  the Fortress and not just observe it from the train! Sir Topham Hatt was also happy to attend the ceremony. Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20210912-131530.jpg]

Of course, I adjusted my map accordingly: 

[Image: GEN-MAPA-RUJAN-2021.png]

Video coming soon!
  • Super
[Image: HTR-NASLOVNICA-1.jpg]

[Image: HTR-2.jpg]

[Image: HTR-3.jpg]

[Image: HTR-4.jpg]

[Image: HTR-5.jpg]

[Image: HTR-6.jpg]

[Image: HTR-7.jpg]

Nickname of this train is „Allegra“, which is an old greeting (meaning: Hi!) in fourth Swiss language – Romansch, and a connection to the sister-railway „Rhätische Bahn“ from Swiss canton Graubünden.

• Super