Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 462164 Views

Big Grin

Thank you, Super!
I really like the Enodens... The new 500 model and the 1000's are one of the best plarail trains I have: they look good, have great sound and two speeds, run smoothly and are very reliable. They also have a very soft OFF-ON-HI speed switch, and you can start and stop them (or change the speed) so easy. That's not the case with some of my other trains, for example with the Hanshin trains (also good lookin' units); their switch is a bit stiff... Seibu and Sotetsu have great switches and run very quietly, but have only one (but nice and realistic) speed.
And Enodens have it all. Also they have a great original Tomy scenery that goes with them (the Buddha, the island, etc.). And they go great with my other trains, with Meitetsu 510 for example:

[Image: M15.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • AOF04, Super
(01-18-2020, 04:35 PM)Super Wrote: Cool video, I think we are going to have to change your screen name to Mister 'E' No 'Den' Big Grin

definitely think we should change his name, Love the new version Super   Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes AOF04's post:
  • Mister No
(01-18-2020, 11:10 PM)AOF04 Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 04:35 PM)Super Wrote: Cool video, I think we are going to have to change your screen name to Mister 'E' No 'Den' Big Grin

definitely think we should change his name, Love the new version Super   Big Grin

I'm glad that the jury has reached the verdict, guys!  Big Grin
I think I'll stick to Mister No though, cause the change woudn't be fair to my Hanshins, Meitetsu, Sotetsu and others...

[Image: IMG-20200119-004521.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
The Enoden Tram

Here is my new Enoden Tram. It's beautiful, made in Thailand in 1997, has motor in the front car, but carries his big "C" size battery in the trailer, and rings all the way:

[Image: IMG-20200123-234544.jpg]

This little beauty is sometimes referred to as Enoden Type 300 and there is even a variant of this Plarail train with the number 303 (and: EER) printed in white, but this one does not have any car numbers or inscriptions except the destination board. 

I don't think it's really Enoden Type 300 because this is Enoden 300:

[Image: IMG-20200113-100529.jpg]

Here is Wikimedia Commons picture of Enoden 300:

[Image: 800px-Enoden_Type_300_001.jpg]

Could it be that there never was a real Enoden Tram/Train looking like this Plarail Enoden Tram, but Tomy just took the mold of their tram (there are Plarail trams such as this in different colors), produced another Plarail-tram, and painted it in Enoden colors? 

As you can see from the pictures, like some other Plarail-trams it doesn't have a pantograph, but a (indication of) bow collector instead (well, two of them, one on each car):

[Image: m18.jpg]

The box is also interesting. No part of the box is see-through, and as an illustration they used a picture of (real) Enoden car No 303. If there really was an Enoden like this one, why not illustrate the box with the picture of the original? Here we have two pictures on the box - one of Enoden Type 300 and the other of this Plarail Tram:

[Image: IMG-20200124-004220.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-005636.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-005740.jpg]

[Image: m17.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-001732.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-021224.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200124-001625.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20200123-234823.jpg]

The video is coming soon! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • AOF04, Super
Looking in the 60th Anniversary Book I couldn't find one like yours in green, only this one in yellow with red stripe and red wheels from 1997. Looks like an exact match except for the colors. Might yours be a Limited release and not for general retail sales? Is it an Enoden or Dick train I can't read it.

[Image: DSCN0159.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I believe the Yellow Train with the red strip is Tokyo Toden. There is a few of these designs.  I like them, but don't have one.
Images from Google
https://www.google.com/search?q=toden&cl...36&bih=728
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2020, 05:32 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like AOF04's post:
  • Mister No, Super
(01-24-2020, 04:17 AM)Super Wrote: Looking in the 60th Anniversary Book I couldn't find one like yours in green, only this one in yellow with red stripe and red wheels from 1997. Looks like an exact match except for the colors. Might yours be a Limited release and not for general retail sales? Is it an Enoden or Dick train I can't read it.

The caption to that picture on page 60 is just ちんちんでんしゃ(復刻版) 1997, or Streetcar (Reprint).

The writing on Mr No's box is えのでん (E-no-de-n in Hiragana script), and the Enoden logo
[Image: image.png]
(Kanji characters, a shortened version of 江ノ島電鉄, - Enoshima dentetsu - Enoshima Electric Railway), none of which is very helpful, but you can Google プラレール ちんちんでんしゃ えのでん and find plenty more of them.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, Super
(01-24-2020, 04:17 AM)Super Wrote: Might yours be a Limited release and not for general retail sales? Is it an Enoden or Dick train I can't read it.

I can't read it either. But I'm sure there is an explanation in the box inscriptions. If only somebody could help translating them, it would be greately appreciated.

[Image: IMG-20200124-0042201.jpg]

I suppose it is meant to be an Enoden train - why else would they use real Enoden Type 300 picture as an illustration on the box?

My best guess is - they made a tram (streetcar) in 1997 and painted it in various japan streetcar colors. But they painted it in Enoden colors too. Later they came up with the real Enoden trains (type 20, 300, 500, 1000). 
Whatever the case is, I like the Enoden tram very much, it's adorable!

Oh, i see there was a tram with "real" bow collector (not just an indication of it on the roof):

• Super
(01-24-2020, 10:18 AM)chrisjo Wrote: The caption to that picture on page 60 is just ちんちんでんしゃ(復刻版) 1997, or Streetcar (Reprint).

The writing on Mr No's box is えのでん (E-no-de-n in Hiragana script), and the Enoden logo
(Kanji characters, a shortened version of 江ノ島電鉄, - Enoshima dentetsu - Enoshima Electric Railway), none of which is very helpful, but you can Google プラレール ちんちんでんしゃ えのでん and find plenty more of them.

I was so slow! You answered my question before I even post it! Smile

Thank you, Chrisjo!
  • Super
(01-24-2020, 10:41 AM)Mister No Wrote: My best guess is - they made a tram (streetcar) in 1997 and painted it in various japan streetcar colors.

Oh, i see there was a tram with "real" bow collector (not just an indication of it on the roof):
Pretty much .......
"Toden 6000 series", Plarail Day Oct-14-97....
[Image: 002.jpg]
"Hakone Tozan" released year 2000....
[Image: 004.jpg]
Fan Club Limited Edition 1998 .............
[Image: Img-00341.jpg]
The 1972 Streetcar.......
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, Super