Yesterday 11:04 AM
» Replies: 1119
» Views: 500675
Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids
Last Post: Mister No
Yesterday 05:22 AM
» Replies: 454
» Views: 41538
I am addicted I got some New and Retro T...
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 03:17 AM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 674
Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's
Yesterday 02:05 AM
» Replies: 714
» Views: 238915
What is this piece called?
Last Post: Argozyy
Yesterday 01:47 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 46
My Current Layout
01-26-2021 10:15 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 67
Trackmaster Bertram
Last Post: chrisjo
01-26-2021 08:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 86
Best Place to find relatively cheap new ...
Last Post: FfarquharDeveloper
01-26-2021 12:45 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 121
TrackMaster Lion of Sodor promo rolling ...
01-25-2021 11:02 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 4307
Anyone Recognize These???
01-25-2021 03:41 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 110
Custom Freight Car Sorting
Last Post: DalaGStanator
01-24-2021 03:49 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 105

Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids
Did you change anything in the Layout for this Thomas video or just rename and recreate those wonderful maps you make into Sodor?

I like what you did with these pieces between the rails. It looks good as a walk or road crossing. If I may ask, what is it that you used?

[Image: de.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I changed almost nothing, only the Buddha from the Enoden Set is gone for the Thomas video... The little pieces are leftovers of some building model (by Piko, Germany) but they were so appropiate for the platform on track 2 of my Kamakura / Tidmouth / West Tower Station so I used them... I wish I had more of them...

[Image: IMG-20201005-190014.jpg]

For the Thomas videos I change the names of my Enoden stations to Sudric, and put them on the map of my layout (I changed my layout this summer) but I also made a third, general map, containing  toponyms with names that I invented. This map is more detailed, and all the stations, avenues, streets, bridges, curves, junctions etc. will carry the names of the people, places and events that mean something to me personally. Those friends and family members who are still alive are already very pleased they got a bridge or a station named after them! Smile

This third (detailed) map I'll use in the videos I'm planning to make on every line on my layout (well, at least on all the five main lines). It will be line-by-line and station-by-station video series! The color of the line and the train that presents the line will match. However, that's on hold for the moment, because already in the video on the first line (Line 101, The Pink Line) a Red Tower Station (and the Red Tower itself) should appear, and that tower is still on it's way from China... Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator
[Image: MARLJIVE-ZELJEZNICE.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201005-132614.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201005-132629.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201005-132651.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201005-132704.jpg]

[Image: BEHIND-EVERY-GREAT-KID.jpg]

[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Tharazero1, Super, Off The Rails, DalaGStanator
[Image: GORDANOVE-NEVOLJE-NASLOVNICA.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201006-175301.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201006-175342.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201006-175141.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201006-175111.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201006-175401.jpg]

[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, DalaGStanator, Off The Rails
You are on a roll Mr-No kicking out videos left and right Smile
  • Mister No
Does anybody have any idea why all my old blue Tomica World Road & Rail System and Thomas & Friends Motor Road & Rail engines (Edward, Gordon etc) are suffering from some sort of discolouration of the body of the engine? Wheels are not affected... why? Confused

[Image: IMG-20201005-132614.jpg]

They are all UK releases (Made in Thailand) and yes, they are at least 15 years old, but I didn't kept them in the sun or something like that; they were in the box. Why then this change of colour occurs? And, strangely, only blue engines are heavy affected, no such change of colour on my other trains... Does anyone else have the same problem maybe? Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator
The greening of the older Gordon and Edward is a known problem, I see examples like this on eBay fairly regularly. I used to think that it was related to tobacco smoke, having bought a job-lot that included discoloured engines and reeked of smoke, but now I'm not so sure. It could just be that the colour in these old plastics is unstable anyway. But if that's the case, why don't they all go like that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Yes, we have a couple blue locomotives from that era (notably, Gordon) who’ve turned a green-ish color. Various theories have been advanced in online communities where people collect and restore plastic items like toys, game consoles and old computers. The culprit seems to be bromine compounds added to plastics like ABS and polystyrene that oxidize to a yellow color over time. This will be more obvious on items that are “cool” colors like white and blue.

I’ve never done this myself but supposedly, such items can be restored with a soak in various concoctions that fade the yellow. Oxy Clean, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide have all been mentioned. The downside is that, with repeated use, these treatments will allegedly cause the plastic to become brittle over time.
Although being of the same age, all my old Thomases are, however, not equally affected: 

[Image: IMG-20201007-155110.jpg]

On the other hand, my Talking Thomases (left) are just fine and not at all discoloured as my Edward & non-talking old Thomas (right):

[Image: IMG-20201007-155642.jpg] 
The wheels must have been made of different kind of plastic, since they are not afflicted by the bizzare discolouration:

[Image: IMG-20201007-164153.jpg]
The Great Sodor Mystery, sounds like a new Episode to me. Big Grin
  • Mister No
I was about to reflect that I'd never seen an affected Thomas, but there you are, you've proved me wrong. It does seem though that Gordon suffers from this syndrome much more often. It's all very strange.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I am very disappointed with this too.  It has happened to my Powerful Gordon. Angry
[-] The following 3 users Like AOF04's post:
  • Tharazero1, Mister No, Super
Here we go again!

[Image: BOJKO-I-DARKO-01.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205232.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205257.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205144.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205221.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205131.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20201007-205358.jpg]

And here is the video:

[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, Muddy Poppins
Besides your discolored blue trains all of the others are in excellent condition Mr-No. Have you had these since you were a kid?
  • Muddy Poppins
if you store your precious collection inside a box, the discoloration shouldn't happen.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/