COPPA Confusion

12 Replies, 8354 Views

(01-13-2020, 11:21 AM)Super Wrote: For example:
I put up a Plarail video and mark it as Not Made For Kids, YouTube can now gather information on all the viewers of the video and target them with Ads that should interest them. Then, if because the FTC see's it and deems it a Toy Video that interests Kids YouTube can say that the Creator is the one that marked it as Not Made For Kids. Then I think that both YouTube and the FTC can go after you.

So in conclusion:

1. I make a nice video with little trains runnig on my colorful plarail layout.
2. I don't gather any information on anyone.
3. I don't target anyone with any ads.
4. US Air Force bombs my house. 

Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Off The Rails
Its not the Creators who target Ads or gather information, they have done nothing wrong. Its YouTube that gathers everything, that is why this is so unfair. For instance, I make my videos for over 13 year olds which is legal for YouTube to gather all they want on but because children under 13 may watch the videos and because YouTube gathers information, I become the culprit when it is YouTube.

I believe that there should be an option for Made for 13 and Older and its up to YouTube to police who watches it not me. The way it seems to be now is...you could make an adult only video with swearing and some nudity but a child can watch it and be targeted with adult only Ads who is at fault? To me its YouTube. Now if there was also an option to be able to Block anyone under 13 for my videos thats another solution but its still up to YouTube to work at that and I don't think they want to be bothered.

Here is another solution...divide YouTube into two sites, 13 and older or 13 and Under. Then the liability lays with the registrant to properly give their right age. Sounds like a simple solution...right?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(01-13-2020, 12:03 PM)Mister No Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 11:21 AM)Super Wrote: For example:
I put up a Plarail video and mark it as Not Made For Kids, YouTube can now gather information on all the viewers of the video and target them with Ads that should interest them. Then, if because the FTC see's it and deems it a Toy Video that interests Kids YouTube can say that the Creator is the one that marked it as Not Made For Kids. Then I think that both YouTube and the FTC can go after you.

So in conclusion:

1. I make a nice video with little trains runnig on my colorful plarail layout.
2. I don't gather any information on anyone.
3. I don't target anyone with any ads.
4. US Air Force bombs my house. 

Smile
See, bombing would be merciful because if the USAF bombed your house, it would be over and you’d eventually get all kinds of foreign aid money. This will be much worse and you’ll end up destitute, spending the next 20 years hiding in the Vatican embassy in Latvia while US and EU bureaucrats pursue you ceaselessly, using information Google has collected on you.
Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No