Plarail Thomas @ Amazon

3 Replies, 6645 Views

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with buying Plarail Thomas from Japan on Amazon here in England. Following the launch on the truly horrible 2014 Trackmaster loco's, I (panic) bought Hiro TS-07, James TS-05, Diesel 10 TS-09 and Patchwork Hiro all from Amazon Sellers in Japan, so as to complete my sons' collection as much as I could. There are other engines available that my boys don't have but I wanted to see how the Sellers performed before I committed further.

Firstly I would mention that the prices were very competitive and certainly cheaper than the same new items listed on eBay. Postage was also free so that was another bonus. Secondly, the items arrived in very nice sturdy cartons with the retail boxes protected and in mint condition. From order to arrival they took on average about 10 days. One of the concerns I had was being hit with import duty, but on all four deliveries I paid absolutely nothing!

So in summary, if you live in the UK I can highly recommend Japanese Amazon Sellers. I won't be spending anymore money on Fisher Price Trackmaster whilst they continue screwing up the brand, which I for one have invested quite heavily in for the past 6 years! Cheers.

Dan
[-] The following 4 users Like Dan J B's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Awesome Dan.

Glad you have had an excellent experience with your Japan purchases. I too have had great experiences with sales from Japan, Hong Kong, China but most of my purchases have been through Ebay. Better start watering the money tree in your back yard as you are going to need it now that you have been broken in on the Japanese market for Plarail/Tomy. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Dan J B
Thanks Super. Just to give you an idea on pricing I paid £17 shipped for Hiro TS-07 on Amazon. Quick look on eBay and the lowest price listing I can see is for £40 posted!

Dan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dan J B's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Awsome! Glad you had a good experience with them!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • Dan J B