Vio's YouTube Videos

160 Replies, 109330 Views

Thanks Super. This is an incomplete series of research about old power, I will add more if our group in Japan found something new.
Plarail - First Generation Skyliner AE-1 Form (Old Colour)

Phantom Gem Of Plarail - New International Airport Set

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 01:00 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Finno
I always thought those blue tinted head lights and windows would look cool with a light behind them. That Airport Set is Awesome. Do all those planes come with the set and can they each ride on that rod?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Great idea, I will try using some LEGO light to illuminate it.
The planes are exclusive in this set, both planes ride the same rod.
  • Super
This is another set like they are still making some that I can't quite understand why they only have an engine and tail car with no middle coach when they do sell the same in a 3 piece train.
The 3 car train was actually an unconfirmed product for a very long time and stocks hardly ever made it to the stores. It was a 5th generation yellow box with EC genealogy. There was a new one in box sold for 31200 yen in the past auction. This is definitely one of the rarest vehicles in Plarail alongside Hankyu 6300 and Relay Shinkansen, due to the middle car being the hardest car to find alone. The new colour first generation Skyliner is much easier to find, and its cheaper. However the front switch new colour Skyliner has a rarity on par with Chichibu Red Arrow.

Talking about the lighting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8twHji6iwY

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2020, 08:53 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Those blue tinted headlights and windows look awesome lit up.

According to my Plarail book, the 3 piece train was released in 1978
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
(02-12-2020, 08:54 AM)Super Wrote: According to my Plarail book, the 3 piece train was released in 1978

It is true that it is released in 1978. However, it wasn't released in the stores yet at that time. Release was delayed. The 3 car box is released after the New International Airport Set. I still remember seeing only one on the shelves when I was a young boy, but no money to buy. All EC Yellow Box products have disappeared before my eyes when an owner from a rich family took the last box.
  • Super
Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen Set : Shinkansen 20th Anniversary Commemoration Set (which was delayed by a few months)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX2HJf0_WZk

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2020, 04:16 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Nice video for us Vio

Except for a little of what I call 'Long Term Storage Mold' this set looks perfect.

I never could come up with answers as to why Plarail/Tomy decided to go with this very exclusive (this set only) way of connecting design of elevated rails. One of the things I couldn't find out was if this set was released after the elevated rails we are use to or before. I had my guesses but nothing definitive.  I was fooled a couple times in the Japan Auctions and purchase these rail and risers thinking they were the rare outside long radius rails. I suppose if one had a couple of sets of these that they could make a nice looking elevated rail by itself.

I see in the manual that they even show how one would have to connect these odd rails to a regular Tomy Blue slope.

[Image: redffer.jpg]